Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Link to original post by mitchy here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm not far off getting my Super VR-4, and i happen to have a set of basically brand new forged aluminium sparco rims off my now written off R33.

they are 17x9" rear, and 17x8" front.

now ive read that having a 235/45R17 front tyre, and 265/40R17 rear tyre wont mess with the AYC, but will it fit in the guard to begin with? it doesnt have flares, but i intend on buying some, would that help? or still too wide?

ps, im not sure what offset they are, but they seem(ed) a good fit on my 33, so id say +30ish?

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Snickells,
I tried fitting the rims I am selling to the Leggy, and the chrome ones fitted ok in regards to the wheel arch, the problem was with the 265's they rub on the actual suspensin arm. I took some pics of where it rubs, I will post them up for you in the next couple of days.

I then tried 235's with a 45 offset in 17" and they rubbed also!

Might be the offset killing me, but be careful is what I am trying to say.

G

Unregistered
yeah, seems +35 is the best offset for a leggy, 45 would be closer to the suspension as you said..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
45 definately won't fit!

Here is my 235/45/17 tyres with a 35mm offset, as you can see there isn't much room there! evo wheels with a 38mm offset are fine as well.

Attachments

• i-DSC01149s.jpg
    i-DSC01149s.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 98
G

Unregistered
would 235/40/R18's fit on a legnum with out rubbing????

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I know of a few people with 235/40/18 wheels. They will fit fine, but you might need to roll the rear arch slightly. The wheels will need to be in the 35-40mm offset range

turboalfa

Crunching Gears
First Name
Troy
Drive
Legnum
Looking at getting some 18 x 7.5" wheels with + 42mm offset and 215/ 35 tyres. Any info on weather these will fit nicely would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Depends what you definition of nicely is. You may need a 5mm slip on spacer to bring it away from the strut a little.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
19 inch fronts: 8. 5J offset + 45 5 holes PCD: 114.3
19 inch rear: 9. 0J offset + 20 5 holes PCD: 114.3

Could these fit, or am I dreaming? I dont mind lipping the guard and dont mind running a spacer if I have to!

G

Unregistered
dreaming on the rear, +20 will stick ~15mm out of the guards

what are they off? those offsets are really odd, the rear will stick ~30mm further out than the fronts

G

Unregistered
19 inch fronts: 8. 5J offset + 45 5 holes PCD: 114.3
19 inch rear: 9. 0J offset + 20 5 holes PCD: 114.3

Could these fit, or am I dreaming? I dont mind lipping the guard and dont mind running a spacer if I have to!

replied to you pm about these,

in short, dreaming...

also STAY AWAY from staggered rim/offset rims,
IMO even with same sized tyres it will play havoc with the AYC,
witch is damned expensive to fix.

ove you get upto 19" rims you have to get narrower rims, 7" or 7.5" otherwise they wont clear the suspension, or sit under the guards,

18" x 8.5" 35 offset is the biggest/widest combo you can get onto our JDM Legnums/Galants

you can go smaller and wider, like brad,
or you can go bigger and narrower like rhy's (a silver show legnum from years ago)

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Thanks guys, yeah these are off a 180sx in Japan. They would look RICEY but that is the look I am after. However not if it is going to ruin the handling dynamic of the car. I will look for some 18"s. Shame though.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yeah if you really want 19" wheels you need to go with 7.5" or 8" wide wheels at the max, and go with small tyres like 225/35 or something.

18's are a lot better though.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
18"s are just too small IMO.

So 19x8 with 35 offset, perhaps some 225-30-19"s stretched would work?
Or do I need to go 19x7.5?

Has anyone done it?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas..

I'm currently looking at 17x9" dunno what offset it is.. apparently it was from a Supra..

I've contacted the guy already.. here's a few pics.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

what size tires am I suppose to use on these?!? 235/45r17?
here's the link

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Something around the 45-50mm range for Supra's is popping up in the back of my mind. Regardless you need to know the offset anyway.

Nick - 19x7.5-8.5 will be fine, a member in NZ who's name is 'Oblivion' has 19x8.5" 35mm on his car with 225/35/19 and with rolled rear arches isn't having any problems at all.

Top Bottom