Hydraulic bonnet lifter

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
I have just bought a set, I offered US $45.00 + postage US $18.00 total US $63.00.

Cheers

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
Galant was been Sold
I fitter a set the other day, very easy & no drilling, will post up some pics tomorrow

Cheers Phil

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
I fitter a set the other day, very easy & no drilling, will post up some pics tomorrow

Cheers Phil

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation Phil, can't wait to see the picture, think i'll go ahead and purchase it then :)

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I vaguely recall something about them putting dimples dents in the bonnet... anyone had this problem?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Yeah, they bolt up fine but they cause a slight 'bow' in the bonnet when it's closed.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
As said above and pointed out by a member on here (I was like oh oh get struts!) But because they bolt so far back on the bonnet you have 90% of the bonnet tilting there after on them. On another car that has them standard, lets say, my magna's, they are bolted about halfway down the bonnet, meaning the load is distributed equally and of course, they work fine. So yeah, good points made above!

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
Serious, well that sucks, guess i won't purchase them then, thanks for the info guys :)

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
simple solution buy a carbon fiber bonnet. :)

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Can you get one with the hood closed to see the bow?
Or does it take a while to bend it?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I think its only some of the lifters that bow the bonnet and you can adjust them slightly to minimise/erase it on others. Theres no bow in my bonnet with them fitted and TUFFTR, im pretty sure they fitted well on Jims galant

EDIT: also, from memory, some of them only fit one way - if you put them in the wrong way, it will bow the bonnet

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
I think its only some of the lifters that bow the bonnet and you can adjust them slightly to minimise/erase it on others. Theres no bow in my bonnet with them fitted and TUFFTR, im pretty sure they fitted well on Jims galant

EDIT: also, from memory, some of them only fit one way - if you put them in the wrong way, it will bow the bonnet

When The bonnet goes up on his car, you can see the whole thing flex at the join. Isn't 'bowed' now but I can just see it will after a short while. Having it bend so far down the bonnet everytime is not good!

Don't get me wrong, they fit nicely, but yeah I'd prefer it if the bonnet didn't bow. This is why I have told Jim to piss them off and get a normal bonnet stay.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Mine have been in for a while (almost 2 years) and they've been fine, but they juuuuuuussssssssst touch on the lip of the front guards (underside of the strut - I would guess they actually don't touch unless moving) lifting the back of the bonnet by lifting the rear hinge would probably help. I have a FL bonnet so maybe it's structurally a bit stronger....

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
If he sells them I might grab them. It shouldnt be as bad cause it weighs about have the weight of the stock bonnet.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
If he sells them I might grab them. It shouldnt be as bad cause it weighs about have the weight of the stock bonnet.

Mate send him a PM about it. He needs a stock bonnet stay in return though as he doesn't have one.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
they've been on my legnum for 3 years+ and theres no signs of any damage - and the bonnet has basically been up for 6 of the last 12 or so months. I dont really think its an issue unless you're planning to work on the car in gusty winds or such conditions on a regular basis

Ive probably got my old stay at home somewhere, Jim can have it for the cost of postage, which will help hozza out too

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
Galant was been Sold
Can you get one with the hood closed to see the bow?
Or does it take a while to bend it?

When I bought my galant it had spacers in the bonnet hinges, so it never sat flush. I cant see how it can bow the bonnet as it attaches to the guard & the bonnet hinge

pics of the bonnet closed

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

Top Bottom