Hydraulic bonnet lifter

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
that extra 10 kegs helps keep the front wheels down on take off brad lol :)

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Tom Tom i'm still keen for a set of the expensive ones... as well as those blacked out indicators... any news?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Bump, any news on these, I think i would be keen for a set, which ones are you going with again?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
+1 Still VERY keen on some bonnet lifters! any news Tom?

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Im Keen if you're going ahead with the group purchase TomTom, paypal-able?
Noticed the original posts and replies where from march 2009 hope we've got enough interests.
How many on the list so far?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
+1 Still VERY keen on some bonnet lifters! any news Tom?

Nope... nothing new on this.

Set 1 (where you have to drill holes etc.) is $60-$70
Set 2 (pictures of the red Galant wagon with adapter plate) - $100 - $120

Haven't ordered anything for myself either (so far)

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Set #2 sounds good to me. perhaps next pay day. Anyone else keen for a couple of weeks off? group buy?

G

Unregistered
I'm seriously considering getting on on the group buy, but has anyone here had these already installed for a while?

Just want to read a bit more of a review about how well they keep the bonnet up (and whether or not it's likely to pop up and smack me in the chin).

Also concerned as to whether there is any stress fracturing caused at the mounting points over time.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
It's group buy number 5 on the German Mitsu forum, first one was early this year... could copy heaps of comments and feedbacks (27 pages for this thread), but they are all german =). I'm not sure if Cumba on here has them installed.

Read probably 50% of the whole lot, the only concern was with the chrome lifters from round #1 - It came off, that's why they don't offer them as chrome anymore!

If you want the link to the forum, let me know ;-)

G

Unregistered
Finally took mine off today and well back to the old prop.

After dealing with the front pivots dinting the bonnet, and now I noticed the lifters have pushed the bonnet backwards so the corners have been hitting the body when up, I finally cracked it.

I also compared them to some another seller was selling on here (black with black inner shaft) another member has those ones on his car and brought it over for a look.

The one's from TT's group buy were longer, hence pushing the bonnet too high and forcing against the stop. Normally with the factory prop it doesn't do that. The black/black ones still pushed higher than the prop goes, but not so far as to the stop.

Also the front ball studs were a few mm higher on TT's (even with the flat top on the strut end pivot) which is what led to my annoying dinting that now requires touching up.

I might put them on the kitchen cabinets or something instead :D

Top Bottom