Hypothetical....

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
so how restrictive are the cats they put on at compliance...???

They're absolutely friggin horrible. They will use the cheapest, nastiest piece of crap that will fit.

PLEASE change it. But don't hollow it out or do anything silly...be sensible and just get a decent one fitted.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
any recommendations of where to get a good one and for what sort of $$$ mate...???

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Well..the place that did mine is owned by a friend, so it was a mates rates scenario. He sold me a ridiculous cat for sfa lol.

But I've heard/seen decent cats going for anywhere from 150-350 bucks. I'm really not that up on cats to be honest, I really trust the guy who did mine as he REALLY knows his stuff and, being a good mate, had no reason to stuff me around.

G

Unregistered
paul thats good advice.. do it one and do it properly.. then you wont have any problems..
razza who would be dumb enuf to refuse to change an illegal mod if your going to get fined???? its abit silly..IMHO

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I believe MetalCat is a good brand that flows well.

Hollowing out the unit will create no extra flow, you just create a large pocket that will create massive amounts of turbulence.

G

Unregistered
If we are still using stock ECU with no piggy back then I would guess the car is set up to have some back pressure, if we put a full high flow exhuast on we won't see its full power gain untill we adjust the ECU?

Or am I wrong here? This is what someone was trying to tell me a while back??

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
paul thats good advice.. do it one and do it properly.. then you wont have any problems..
razza who would be dumb enuf to refuse to change an illegal mod if your going to get fined???? its abit silly..IMHO
lol, don't underestimate the stupidity of some people, lol

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
hey Paul, do you happen to know what brand the cat was?

I'll have a look next time I'm under the car. I don't think it's a brand name as such, just a generic one that flows very well for its price. But I'll double check.

ET: You'll always get more from your mods if you have an ECU you can retune. The problem is that it becomes very expensive to retune after each mod, so generally people will do a bunch of stuff then get it tuned.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
I blew out a cat with my 4age 20v in my corolla, honeycomb stuff was coming out like little bullets, shit loads of it as well, when it hit 7500rpm i heard this bang i was like what the? pulled over and sure enough peices of cat were coming out... so it is possible.

Top Bottom