Hypothetical....

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
Just wondering how ones VR4 might react if one were to somehow misplace the cat converter?:p

Damo

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
The chainsaw weilding frog from the EPA might have something to say about it too :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
it would go faster, boost sooner, and trees would turn brown behind it :)

The Oxygen sensor is in front of the Cat, so the car won't even know :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
you mean the stock one with all the stuff taken out?

Yeah that will do a good job :D

You could just steal a cat from another car like an xr6 or something that is going to be fairly high flow

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
so how restrictive are the cats they put on at compliance...???

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
i think i blew up a cat once....or maybe it was the muffler, there was all this grey stringy stuff coming out the exhaust, looked like a cross between steel wool n cotten wool except really stretched out

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
lol, yea i changed that, but it kinda looked like grey fairy floss, lol, n then i parked it on the street n sumbody took the muffler n the part of the pipe that was new, lmao, lucky it was just cheap ebay muffler

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
i heard of sumone getting the cat n muffler n resonators all stripped, n basically having a straight pipe from the engine with stock look, it's a good idea as long as you don't get caught, lolz, i think ill stick with high flow cats n aftermarket though, i wouldn't want to have to pay a 10k fine or something, lol

and ive also driven a car that was a non turbo, stock 2litre engine rwd, exhaust was a straight pipe from the engine n it would spin the tires when you change from 2nd to 3rd

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Straight pipes are nothing new nor special. Just creates no backpressure and allwos the engine to breathe well. That and they are farking loud.

I have never heard of anyone copping a $10k fine(though that is what the law states). Police usually hand out a defect notice, thats about it.

G

Unregistered
then epa send you a letter and you have to get the car tested.. i have been called to epa, they put a prohibited vehicle sticker on my car. just changed all the stuff they asked in time got retested and no fine...
when i got done again i chaged all the aftermarket stuff before my test and they passed the car with no probs. they also recognised me cause not many modded foresters in the area...lol

i say take the cat out just dont get done..

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
well i think if you get a cat professionally taken out n are knowingly doing the wrong thing n refuse to reverse it then they fine you heaps n charge the mechanic or w/e who did it in upward of $50000...i could be wrong tho, lol

Top Bottom