Hyundai Genesis Coupe

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
A 300hp coupé from Hyundai? Indeed, a company doing its utmost to throw off the mantle of a strictly budget manufactuer. The Hyundai Genesis Coupé. Although I expect the version for Australia will probably only have 180hp by the time the Aust Govt is done with it :(

WARNING: Extremely annoying American accents and pronounciation!! :mad:

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thats fkn hot ! Great colour too. I can see this being the tuner of choice on the West Coast for the next 10 years.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
damn that looks good for a hyundai mind you i think allot of their cars are starting to make me look twice they must have gotten a new designer or something.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Lookin pretty good!! :D I knew from about 5 years ago Hyundai would be the manufacturer to watch out for

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Nooooo it's a Hundai... Yeah not bad...

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I have been screaming at Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan and even KIA and Hyundai, one and only one point and none of them seem to get it. AUSTRALIA DOESN'T WANT A BIG OR SPORTS FWD cars. It's not a ahard concept to grasp, or so you would think.
For over 10 years now we have made a good $ from importing RWD sedans and coupes from Japan.
Seriously are these people so blinded to notice that the biggest selling family cars are RWD??
On another note you will also notice that many "motoring mags" will bill the best cars every year asd RWD or AWD, yet brands such as Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi keep trying to "flog" a FWD to the Australian market when they have a RWD or AWD option in Japan.
I for one just dont get it? If there is a marketing expert for either of these company's reading this give me a call, or if there is a job on offer where you want to hire some one who actually can drive and want an enthusiast opinion, 0416756081
Cheers,
Jason

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^^ lol - add my number to that list!

One look at the auction prices of any manual RWD turbo car in Japan will tell you what people want...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I have been screaming at Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan and even KIA and Hyundai, one and only one point and none of them seem to get it. AUSTRALIA DOESN'T WANT A BIG OR SPORTS FWD cars. It's not a ahard concept to grasp, or so you would think.
For over 10 years now we have made a good $ from importing RWD sedans and coupes from Japan.
Seriously are these people so blinded to notice that the biggest selling family cars are RWD??
On another note you will also notice that many "motoring mags" will bill the best cars every year asd RWD or AWD, yet brands such as Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi keep trying to "flog" a FWD to the Australian market when they have a RWD or AWD option in Japan.
I for one just dont get it? If there is a marketing expert for either of these company's reading this give me a call, or if there is a job on offer where you want to hire some one who actually can drive and want an enthusiast opinion, 0416756081
Cheers,
Jason

Umm...it's rwd.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
That's the point he was making, Paul - with the exception of the S15, name a decent affordable RWD coupe sold here in the last 10 years. I reckon Hyundai will win a stack of fans with this. Expect a factory-backed drift team - I'd bet my left testicle on it.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Oh right. I misunderstood what he was saying because he said he was screaming at hyundai lol.

My bad!!!

I'll definitely be taking one for a spin when it comes to Oz!!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Oh right. I misunderstood what he was saying because he said he was screaming at hyundai lol.

My bad!!!

I'll definitely be taking one for a spin when it comes to Oz!!

Yeah, I can get a pretty good rant going lol
While I have a prob with FWD, I gotta say I hate companies calling a 3door hatchback a coupe :mad:

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
If mitsubishi had made a RWD or a (cheap) AWD magna i would have bought one if them.

A RWD 380 would be interesting :D

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
If mitsubishi had made a RWD or a (cheap) AWD magna i would have bought one if them.

A RWD 380 would be interesting :D

So I am guessing you own one of the AWD Magnas that were for sale for about 4 years then????

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
If they'd made a Ralliart Magna with AWD and MANUAL rather than the auto (and preferably twin turbos), I would've bought one and sold the Galant for it.

Adelaide people may remember the Magna motors are super strong, with dyno testing here at the factory on a turboed version making something like 500hp reliably without any internal mods. I actually know the owner of that motor too - currently residing in a Pajero off-road race car.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
So I am guessing you own one of the AWD Magnas that were for sale for about 4 years then????

No unfortunately, i always wanted to get one of the AWD VR-X's. All the ones i looked at cost too much and that was before the VR4's where available for import :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
If they'd made a Ralliart Magna with AWD and MANUAL rather than the auto (and preferably twin turbos), I would've bought one and sold the Galant for it.

Adelaide people may remember the Magna motors are super strong, with dyno testing here at the factory on a turboed version making something like 500hp reliably without any internal mods. I actually know the owner of that motor too - currently residing in a Pajero off-road race car.
Kris is that the guy that had that insane magna he kept winning comps with, then stripping down and rebuilding? I read something about this utterly freaken awesome Magna three or four years ago, only to read his worklog and see pics of this gorgeous car completely dismantled and undergoing a serious engine upgrade, and wondering why the hell he couldn't have just bought another one if he was going to do that to it? :confused:

I've actually noticed with my Magna that it handles a LOT of abuse. The uni joints, the clutch, the aftermarket water pump, the brakes and the steering rack don't fare too well, but the ENGINE just keeps on kickin ;) Not that its having to handle anything LIKE that much power, but a few people who know how I drive have mentioned they're surprised I haven't had to do an engine rebuild the way I drive it.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Would that have been Darrell Macbeth's magna? If so, that wasn't really a magna at all...it was just a shell of a magna on something else.

The 6G range of motors are ridiculously strong.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
No unfortunately, i always wanted to get one of the AWD VR-X's. All the ones i looked at cost too much and that was before the VR4's where available for import :D

Bummer, I have never gotten to drive one. Articals in Wheels and stuff at the time sounded promising. Should have offered a manual though.

G

Unregistered
Toyota_Supra_2008_1_cw.jpg

I would rather have this, 2008 Supra. Im not a fan of Korean cars, that includes the new range of Holdens/Daewoos.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Never was a fan of Supra's, bit that ^^ one looks better than the current model

Top Bottom