I got owned

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
On the way back from Rotorua just north of Hamilton the trusty red & blues appeared in my window...

Pulled over, had my licence ready and the conversation went something like this:

COP (smiling): Evening, you in a hurry to get back to Auckland are you?

ME (not smiling): Evening Officer, yes I believe I may have strayed over the limit a bit

COP: Yeah, I clocked you at 139km/h under the overpass back there, I suspect you were going a lot faster when you past me because I had some catching up to do and only registered you at this speed. OK, just count from 1 to 10 and speak directly into this device please.

ME: 1, 2, 3 etc etc *BEEP*

COP: OK, this shows alcohol I'm afraid - you had anything to drink tonight?

ME: Yes, I had a couple of beers in Hamilton

COP: OK, going to need you to give one long continuous breath into this please

ME: *complies and device beeps*

COP: OK, it says FAIL YOUTH but because you're over 20 it's a pass

ME: *nodding*

COP: You realise you were 1 km/h from...

ME: ... Ja, losing my licence for 28 days, sorry *sheepish grin*

COP: OK, well I'll just go write this up and will talk to you soon.

Eventually he returns with my $400 fine and my 50 demerit points. The guy was decent about the whole thing and I was fully cooperative. After this, he basically let me go.

So I guess LTNZ Christmas Party is on me this year & my perfect driving record is now ruined. Lesson learned.
speechless.gif

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Ouch! I got done for a similar thing two weeks after getting my first car - 89 in a 50 zone - it's scary losing half your points in one go! At least back then the fine was only $260.

Lee

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that, Ryan. I've had more than my fair share of issues with the enforcers of the legal system recently - the lesson I've learnt is if you can't fly, don't give them a reason to start chasing you ;) I feel your pain dude.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Man you're lucky as hell! You would've been reamed in NSW. Especially in the Hawkesbury area as the magistrate practically hangs drink drivers.

G

Unregistered
Eina!

We all make mistakes though, just look at the bright side that you've got your licence.

Have seen quite a few episodes of Police 10 7 and NZ police seem to give out leaner penalties for some dodgy sheit. Everyone in NZ goes to diversion first for minor criminal offences - right? Your motor laws / penaltiesw seem pretty much the same though - it's 30km over the limit here and your disqualified instantly.. found that out on the way to Melbourne once, though back then it wasn't transferred to my South Australian licence so I was banned from driving in Victoria which had no real effect on me, though lessons learnt - speedings bad m'kay. It's just harder to follow the limit when driving through the country.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Ja I suppose I am lucky, $400 is an inconvenience though - the fact that the police have an online payment service is worrying! :p

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Eina!

We all make mistakes though, just look at the bright side that you've got your licence.

Have seen quite a few episodes of Police 10 7 and NZ police seem to give out leaner penalties for some dodgy sheit. Everyone in NZ goes to diversion first for minor criminal offences - right? Your motor laws / penaltiesw seem pretty much the same though - it's 30km over the limit here and your disqualified instantly.. found that out on the way to Melbourne once, though back then it wasn't transferred to my South Australian licence so I was banned from driving in Victoria which had no real effect on me, though lessons learnt - speedings bad m'kay. It's just harder to follow the limit when driving through the country.

30km over limit, but your limit is 110 on open road right? Man I miss RSA's 120km/h limit, can go to 192km/h before you get arrested :D

G

Unregistered
50 demerit points ? wowser that would hurt a little in WA, we only get 12 ... hahaha

Top Bottom