I hate my Legnum!!

quincy777

Crunching Gears
First Name
Cam
Drive
Legnum VR4
Hi guys,
I bought my Leggy in August and Still dont have the bastard.... Just heard from Shogun maybe mid - next week, as if heard in October.
The Legnum would want to be the best car or it will be selling in the first week and buying another skyline which I reluctanlty sold to by the Leggy and have been on public transport ever since. HEAPS of FUN!

If anyone knows of a way to hurry things up or how to check if they have even logded my plate application that would be great.
Cheers
Cam

G

Unregistered
join the club, a lot of us have waited 4 months plus for our legnums.

i had a skyline before mine too, and i'm not going back. :)

G

Unregistered
ooohhh blasphemer!!! you cant blame the legnum blame the shippers

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Cam, alot of us have had the same problem. I waited 20 weeks from purchasing the car and 10 weeks of that was at Shogun.

There is not a lot you can do other than ringing Ben @ Shogun all the time, but he is waitng on DOTARS aswell so it is not all Shoguns fault.

I had some silly thoughts too and I would have gone crazier if it wasn't for this place :p

How long have you been waiting now?

G

Unregistered
To my understanding DOTARS had all applications processed before the Christmas break from the 21 Dec - 7 Jan. Delays would be at the workshop end. You may find that Shogun has gone over its yearly quota. The method regarding plates (100 per year) the workshop needs to wait until the same date in the following year that the first plate was issued, ie 5/01/07 = 5/01/08, this is how they become available. If this is the case with Shogun, I would be asking them to check their books and find out where you are in line to determine and exact date. Unfortunately DOTARS are unable to provide you with any details due to privacy (as the car is being processed through the compliance workshop). The paperwork can be lodged and everything lined up.

Best of luck.
As for VR-4 vs Skyline, I personally prefer the Skyline (in coupe form), but the VR-4 is more practical.

G

Unregistered
How is selling the Legnum going to solve ur Dotars issues ? Hang in tight mate, for the value u would have paid u will not find a better deal!!
Its mighty frustrating but hang in there ...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^ Agreed. Hang in there bud - you wouldn't be the first to lose heart when you've had to wait so long :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Cam when did it ship to Australia, what date did it arrive, how long has it been at Shogun? If you bought it in August and it shipped soon after, that is indeed a raw deal... :(

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Indeed, as Steve said, once its on road, all the delays are but a distant memory.

And if they have run out of plates (unlikely) it wouldnt be until April or so for a new allocation (i think thats when it was first approved if i recall correctly)

quincy777

Crunching Gears
First Name
Cam
Drive
Legnum VR4
Yea it has been in QLD since 12th of Nov. Trying to breath just getting pissed off with next week, sorry, next week now. Anyway sounds like you guys like enough to make start getting abit more excited again.

G

Unregistered
Go to a QLD OZVR4 meet, and ask one of the guys to take you for a drive in theirs. That always helps me :)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
^ yep, great idea.

Also, think of the money you are saving in fuel :) you will know what I mean when you get the car lol :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the noise my brain makes when I drive my Legnum. It goes something like this...

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Rinse, repeat! :D

Sit tight mate, definitely worth the wait. It's all part of the experience ;)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
get used to the wait it is shogun that causes the hold up they don't have enough plates to put on the cars they do, i know i waited nearly 6months for mine. was only 10 days short of it. unfortunately its part of the import procedure and there isn't much you can do, maybe use another compliance center but that can only be done first off you cant change once you have taken it there

why didn't you keep your Skyline till the leggy was completed ?
and if you do think its not worth it selling isn't going to change what you have had to do anyway. just means you are going to have to fork out more money for another car

hang in there i was getting pissed towards the end as well because people i knew had purchased after me were registering their car and i still didnt have a plate :-(

i still think its worth it thou

gtodave

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
david einam
Drive
galant 7g & 8g
i've been waiting longer than that,mine was here 26/6/07 and i have been waiting for w/shop to get approval to comply legnums/galant.
that was my choice as i could have given it to another raws, but as i have bought a modded car for a great price and he is going to get it through with out any hassles.
david

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i must say that the one thing showgun did do. this is in their favour is that they restored all of the mods without extra charge.

as the car is meant to be factory when its complied and mine was modified as well

aftermarket exhaust
remote start
Tein adjustable Suspension
Mags etc these all need to be exchanged for factory parts to get the car through compliance

everything was back to as it was when i bought it when the car was delivered, so i gues they stand by that, a modded car will still get complied because they help you out with factory parts to comply it.

mind you i sort of wonder if they do anything at all anyway and just hope no one comes to take a look. who knows

G

Unregistered
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the noise my brain makes when I drive my Legnum. It goes something like this...

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Rinse, repeat! :D

Sit tight mate, definitely worth the wait. It's all part of the experience ;)

doesnt your brain make that noise 24/7? is it just louder when you drive the leggy? :ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
Guys,

None of this is shoguns fault, they are a good bunch of guys however each raws workshop can only be issued 100 plates in any given 12 month period. You could ask Ben if they can get a transfer from another company to get it through or when they are going to drop below their 100 quota.

I have been waiting for my galant for 8 months now as it is the test car for a workshop. They finally have the raws for the galant/legnum as of yesterday but I still have to wait another week until they can get a plate as they are at their 100 plate quota for the past twelve months and can't be issued a plate until the 23rd.

Having said that I can't wait to get into it and drive it home at the end of next week.

I have also been able to get rims, teins, exhaust and turbo timer off another car. all I had to do was the work swapping all the parts and pay for 2 wheel alignments. I also went and fitted a pioneer stereo to it last week while I was on leave.

Top Bottom