I have my car back

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
I am pleased to announce that my Legnum has been returned to me.

No longer will I be subjected to mocking stares as I accelerate from the lights in my "guava" coloured Colt :p

So ja, I've had my steering rack reconditioned and power steering fluid flushed and replaced. My right hand lower control arm has been replaced. I have a new WOF as well which is good - car passed all its tests with flying colours. I have 5mm tread left on my front tyres and 4mm on the rear ones.

And the best part of it, $400 less than what i was quoted :D

My steering used to feel quite soft and vaguely disconnected before... now, it takes a little more effort to turn but feels as if I am directly in contact with the road, everything feels tighter and more responsive.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Apologies for the late reply Trevor but the total cost of repair, including labour, WOF and GST was $1200.

Original quotes for steering rack:

Best case: $800
Worst case: $1200

I guess I was lucky :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
$400 off the quote sounds great, I presume you'll be going back to that workshop again.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
$400 off the quote sounds great, I presume you'll be going back to that workshop again.

You bet! I have always taken "Mister Bishi" down to Simon Lucas Mitsubishi for his "B" service, AYC service and AT service.

They have always treated me with courtesy and have always carried out their work in the time specified and have provided a detailed account of everything done. This time round they came under budget and the car is performing well.

Another factor is that they have a South African working there with whom I have struck up a rapport with. Not a major factor but he understands me.

I've been told that I come across in a forthright (arrogant is the word that is usually used) manner - apparently it's a South African trait... LOL

Anyway, it's not like a I try to be a prick or anything, I have an informed opinion of what I am talking about (in most cases) and cut straight to the chase to get the job done. Some people take it the wrong way ... but hey *Shrugs* :)

Top Bottom