IC + Hardpipe Recommendations?

Darcy

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Darcy
Drive
2001 Legnum VR-4
No worries. Yeah, it looks more stock than the stock one!
I just used a reciprocating saw and trimmed the pipe back. The stock pipe has a 45 around the same spot as where the silicone joiner is so I just cut it there on the corner. It's not my favourite option but it works to get it going. Once I tightened the hose clamps on it I pulled on it with all my weight and it didn't move, so I can't imagine 14psi blowing it off in too much of a hurry. If you could find just the drivers side stock pipe that'd probably make life easier but it's pretty straight ahead to just trim.
Both the lower pipes are already steel so it's not massively up there on my priority list, I am keen to get rid of the braided hoses at some point though so yeah, I might look at doing the lot at some stage but I'm pretty happy with how it is for now.
The Kia doesn't sound like a fun time, haha. Glad to hear you beat it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Thanks Darcy, appreciate the feedback. Yeah I'd prefer to do it neatly if at all possible - I have time, I'm on no hurry. I have the cooler sitting on a shelf now, got some silicone reducers and clamps on order for $40 total, which wasn't too bad - more than half was shipping :mad: But then, I can't imagine many of those S1 pipes will be just lying around, either.

Kia's all working, better than it has since I've known my wife, actually. I used some spare Amsoil ATF I've had lying around from my AYC diff service in the Kia's transmission and I'm genuinely surprised what a difference it's made. But best of all, no leaks!

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Cheers for all the handy guides mate!
I fitted Cusco hard pipes which were a dream to install. Not cheap but they come with silicon joiners and proper clamps. Can safely say they look great but add no noticeable performance at any range. Removing the bastards is no easy task either, you need to undo or at least loosen the whole length to get a section out, very stiff joiners. Save the money for a set of front pipes or Xmas.

Top Bottom