Ignition Failure Sensor Maybe or something else.

Temptation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
JJ
Drive
VR4
Ok purchased a 1998 vr4 sedan auto tranmission last week.

Already experiencing problems,

1. CLOCK Resets its time, from time to time and not turning on at all at times. (Buts thats fine used the search function seems to be a regular problem with PCB which can be fix)

2. http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=163975#post163975
BuzzPuppy posted this thread (How To: Locate and replace the Ignition Failure Sensor )

I might have this similar problem aswell, I think?

The reason I'm saying this is the symptoms are very close, the tacho is at 0 at times and sometimes it works fine.

But leading this to this problem my car at this very moment while at idle at home or stopping at the lights . The car suddenly stall with my ac on or off. It happen two times now. I hope that i didnlt purchase a lemon =(

The question is ,does that sensor lead to shutoff of the car or is it something else.

Thanks guys for your advance help, as i do not know as much of this engine type and electronics.:blush:

UPDATE------
After reading couple of different threads, just wanted to add a few more info.

The car is stock as a rock. However the previous owner said after getting the car complied he had to put new oils and filter etc etc dont know all the details, so the car has yet to be serviced. Since I dont know what is what within the bay engine, from this forum one person resetted the ECU..How is this done? And will this fix my current problem ?

Top Bottom