Im about sick of this shit!

David-777

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
1998 VR4 Manual
Cop runs into another cop then slams into pre-school bus stop over a $100 fine.

Just fuckin sick of seeing these fuckwits do this shit while i'm fed the crap about safety. Only fucking luck protected these kiids from the boys in blue. They had every chance to call this off, and in their minds, hammering down the road on the wrong side is safer than doing a u-turn? (Note* the cop was there because he knows people do u-turns there, so rather than fix the road network problem, they prey on our wallets)

Things like this make me think if I ever lose control at high speeds, I'll take the chance to aim at a coppa.

http://yhoo.it/1iEnl2X

David-777

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
1998 VR4 Manual
They then claimed the chase was called off. It's asif they're throwing it in our face knowing no-one will do anything.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Typical for some police to be above the law. They do no wrong. Even the attitude u get from them when u get pulled for a so called "random" breath test.

I got arrested for no helmet on a bike when I was 19. All because I got my back up when they wouldn't answer a simple question of mine. Then never turned upto court because they knew they were in the wrong with how they handled it. It got thrown out.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Yer, around here I see them park illegally out the front of the bakery in a bus zone with their lights on to buy lunch all of the time. wait 5 minutes, sure enough along comes a coppa with a couple of pies for his partner and they drive off.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Yer, around here I see them park illegally out the front of the bakery in a bus zone with their lights on to buy lunch all of the time. wait 5 minutes, sure enough along comes a coppa with a couple of pies for his partner and they drive off.

I always see them parking illegally grabbing food and stuff and nothing happens even if you complain. So i guess its normal.

I remember about 2 months ago i was waiting in a drive thru and their was a few cars in front and a police car behind me, someone was using their horn and i was looking around to see who exactly it was they did it again (it end up being the police car) and one officer stepped out and came to me and said "can you move you car their" he pointed where he wanted my car .

So i moved my car thinking what are they going to say now to me, but they parked into a disable parking that was on the side of my car, 3 officers came out and looked at me smiling and maybe laughing. What a joke, honestly its pretty sad.

But regarding that chase, yes alot of times they over-do things because they are the police and think they are right but they dont think straight and see they can hurt people on the street, lucky no one got really hurt or killed in that chase.

I dont hate the police, personally i think they do a great job but lately in the last 6yrs or so you ae starting to hear how much they break the law and abuse it and even in the news and nothing happens.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I live on a main road with a set of traffic lights 3 houses down, every night I hear sirens that come on for a few seconds then stop, its the cops flicking their siren on so they can run a red light even though there is no emergency.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Amusing that people single out police when it comes to using their sirens... is it just because you get fines from them? I've seen plenty of fire & ambo staff do the exact same things when it comes to lunch and red lights. Who cares...

I think its pretty slack to blame the cops on that particular case. Yeah it started as a small infringement but it was the van driver that tried to outrun them... Did you also see the other van that had to avoid the van doing the U-Turn? He almost drove onto the sidewalk... That small fine turned into numerous infringements. Don't see people saying anything about the van drivers lack of licence or him driving on the wrong side of the road, weaving through oncoming traffic. Yeah the cops should have stopped the pursuit and the guy that caused the accident did get reprimanded; had his licence downgraded. What more do you want?

Let them do their jobs. Just last weekend I saw a pursuit. Some idiot in a VF GTS doing over 100 on the harbour bridge swerving through traffic. Almost clipped me and the car in front when he swerved through the lanes. I was glad when I saw the police pursue him; pulled him over near the cammeray exit, a good few km's away. You always get a few knuckleheads in all groups, doesn't mean they are all bad.

There's no need to hate. This happened 3 years ago, let it go.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
^^^ i understand what you are saying and im not against all police, im glad they caught him but they had helicopters as well, im sure the two police cars that were chasing him weren't the only police cars on the road, they should have communicated better and maybe set up blocking the roads with other police cars etc... and at the end it was the helicopter camera that told them he was hiding under the house.

And i just watched it, apparently it was called off, but when you see the crash you can see the lights still on and you can hear the siren when hit, i dunno if they turned off the siren after it got hit or it wrecked from the hit - so that tells me they were still after him.

So what you are saying when we talk about the police doing wrong things and we dont talk about the ambo's or fire trucks, thats unfair ? at the end of the day police, ambo's, fire truck they shouldn't be doing that.

Im not against all pursuit but if it starts becoming very dangerous and peoples life in danger should you still continue and drive after him when you got the helicopter on him ? I bet if that bus stop had people/kids and they got hit/killed, would you still be saying the same thing ?

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
There was no need for the police cars to keep chasing, the helicopter was already there and could follow at a safe distance without causing the driver to continue driving erratically, the chase should have been called off.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Hehe, I'm agreeing with you Fred. Yeah it is unfair. Its an abuse of power one way or the other. Just amusing how these topics tend to turn into a charade singling out the police. Everyone has to vent though, understandable. Again, not having a go at you. Just look at the tone this sort of thread sets
David-777 said:
...I'll take the chance to aim at a coppa...

No doubt with that particular pursuit they should have called it off once the helicopter was active. There are plenty of what if's. Could say the same thing about the van driver and his luck too. But again, this was 3 years ago. How many other pursuits have ended in this fashion? Looking at the most recent reported ones, all were called off and the offending drivers had accidents not shortly after injuring or killing numerous people.

Just saying, this one is done and dusted... Its 3 years old... Leave it alone. Most cops do the right thing. The ones that don't are punished and they freely admit that.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Haha all good David, if my post sounded in any ways attacking you or other, i apologies, im not trying to and if it comes out like that, then sorry :) everyone has their own opinions to things.

But you know i remember one incident about 7 months ago (give or take) that on a set of light the police car smashed into another car, and the police claimed it had its lights on and i think they were saying they were after someone, when i think a witness said the police car had no lights on and smashed into the car. (not sure if it was more than 1 witness)
I dunno what happened with that incident after since we didnt hear from it again.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Haha all good David, if my post sounded in any ways attacking you or other, i apologies, im not trying to and if it comes out like that, then sorry :) everyone has their own opinions to things.

Nah, no worries. Didn't think you were. Heh, just trying to clarify myself. Hope others don't take it the wrong way either. Mmm, opinions :)

Yeah, those things happen from time to time. What can you do, right. There are bad apples out there, no point in denying that.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
& in news just to hand, all Germans are Nazis, all Catholic priests are paedophiles, & all black people are criminals.

Who is an idiot to do a U-turn on Parra Rd anyways, then does a runner because of it?

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I live on a main road with a set of traffic lights 3 houses down, every night I hear sirens that come on for a few seconds then stop, its the cops flicking their siren on so they can run a red light even though there is no emergency.

Often emergency services will only use their sirens when going through intersections as that's where the traffic is. They'll just use their lights in between.

David-777

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
1998 VR4 Manual
I am a little biased. I've seen them do alot of things and had them happen to me. Though what I'm getting at is if the van had hit the bus stop, they wouldn't have simply "downgraded his privileges" Somehow people look at them different because they wear a uniform. And yes it is even worse when police break the law, since they a. Get away with it and b. Are the ones who uphold it.
They dress up as civilians, then hide in bushes. Who are the criminals? They should be the people refusing to be sneaky, instead the are the fist of the political agenda.
you're not leading by example then this is a dictatorship.

#rant.

Top Bottom