Importance of Log Book when importing

G

Unregistered
Just wondering how important and common it is to find a Legnum that is imported from Japan to have its log book as evidence for it mileage.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
How long is a piece of string?
Basically, history/books is NOT common. Assessment really needs to be made of the individual car. If you want a car from Japan, then trust someone like Kristian (Iron Chef Imports) to find you a good car. books or no wont matter as much as he will have the car inspected in japan. They are all still a little bit of a gambe as they are 10+ years old, not 2yo.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I recently discovered the service log book in a pile of stuff that came with my car. It is in japanese also but I can clearly see the odometer readings printed next to the service pages, so at least I know the km are genuine which is nice.

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
i got a log book with my car too, only covers up to 20,000km so the rest of the cars service history is a mystery to me

G

Unregistered
I didn't get one. Car looked great, ran well and had wear consistent with it's age.. so I bought it.

Rex Everything

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
1997 Legnum
Mine came with books showing it had been serviced at least every 4000km up until I bought it. Its a nice feeling.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
"Loki" was bought with no log books and mechanically it was perfectly fine :)

Top Bottom