Importing Parts from Japan

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hey guys!

I remember a little while back it was mention somewhere on here that they knew someone in Japan that could get parts and send them over for a bit cheaper than going through an importers....
Can anyone help me out with an email adress or similar?

Thanks guys

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Thanks Trevor!! I have sent a pm so I will hope he can help

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
He was very fast and effecient with his service. Highly recommend him.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
how does this streeter thing work?

do we email him what we want and he finds it? or do we email him a link for an auction?

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Hey guys!

I remember a little while back it was mention somewhere on here that they knew someone in Japan that could get parts and send them over for a bit cheaper than going through an importers....
Can anyone help me out with an email adress or similar?

Thanks guys

Parts as in OEM parts from mitsubishi japan or aftermarket performance parts?
Good to see some satisfied customers..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Ha ha NO MITSUBISHI parts for me thanks!!

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I sent him a link to an auction page... he did the rest from there. Not sure if he will source the parts tho. probably best to send him an email.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Got in touch with Jesse via email and yes he will ship out OEM parts.
Looking at the price list for major service parts its better then NZs.
Paypal-able, now just awaiting further news on more parts from him.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
how does this streeter thing work?

do we email him what we want and he finds it? or do we email him a link for an auction?

Send him an auction link or tell him exactly what you're after and he'll get it for you. When I bought my wheels I told him the required size, stud pattern etc and he contacted the supplier on my behalf.

What he won't be able to do is help out if you say "I want some wheels for my car what can I get?" or something like that.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
thanks tim, thats what i figured, i just wasnt sure whether we had to find the auction or not...obviously it would make the process faster as i imagine he is quite busy

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Hey guys! Just wanted to recommend Jessie again! He is fantastic ! Done a bit of ordering of stuff through him now and his prices are great! Would have to be about 1/2 the charges of the other guys. Cant wait to get my stuff in soon!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
What stuff? Curtains?

Prices should be good, our dollar is killing it.

I think its the ruffled curtains with vr4 embroidered into it.. lol

planning on ordering some stuff from him when i get back, this holiday finance freeze is killing me..

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
How long have you found Jesse took to reply to emails? I'm desperately needing some new driveshaft boots!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
How long have you found Jesse took to reply to emails? I'm desperately needing some new driveshaft boots!

dude.. its pretty easy to get them replaced..

if you are able to remove the drive shafts.. (if im not mistaken, they're the ones with the CV Joints) I suggest that you just take it to a workshop.. I took mine to CV Joint Australia which is located in Slacks Creek, they had it ready in 1 hour..

where do you live btw?

G

Unregistered
Usually costs me no more than a $100 for an entire driveshaft refurbishment. I think it was about $60 for one joint only (eg: inner or outer). Look in the Yellow Pages, plenty of places.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Jessy can be a little slow on the return email front, but that's life mate. He's a busy bloke.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've just recently gotten more stuff from him (power window motors). He replied pretty quickly, either the same day or next day.

Top Bottom