Importing question - Can we import from NZ?

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Hello all....
an import question perhaps for Mr Iron Chef. what are the chances to importing from the likes of newzealand? I dont mind using an import agent, wondering if there are any glaring difference importing from NZ instead of japan.
we do play netball with them after all .. and rugby ! :D

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
....and usually get beaten.

There's no reason theoretically why we can't import from NZ - all the same rules apply. The main reason is cost. While cars in NZ appear cheap, they generally work out more expensive than getting the same car from Japan, particularly when shipping is taken into account.

If you spot a 2001 model black manual Galant with sunroof and leather, and are prepared to pay the extra price, then it's worth considering, if that makes sense - might be some rare cars floating around that are too hard to find in Japan.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Thanks for the response Iron Chef.
i'll drop you a PM.
cheers!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
simple answer would be to check around on trademe. good luck finding a manual galant with leather, let alone a sunroof, and if you want to be picky about the colour....it isn't going to happen!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if you are after a manual and want to be specific about galant or legnum, colour, or other specs, you're going to have to be lucky or patient!

In the last two years I have not seen a Legnum that was a manual facelift with recaro's, momo wheel and sunroof that wasn't white.

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
man, i must be really lucky. i found a manual galant,leather and with a sunroof right here in queensland.
didnt actually realise how rare they are.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
... or a red Super VR-4 (you know, since the red interior wasn't enough). Maybe give the girl a coat of candy-apple red metallic for good measure.

Top Bottom