In need of a clutch master cylinder

ras1983

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ray
Drive
PFL Manual Legnum VR4
So is there anywhere in NSW that stocks parts for EC5W Legnum VR4s? I'm trying to source a clutch master cylinder for a manual leggie but I'm finding it difficult to find anyone on google that stocks parts for leggies.

Does anyone have any useful advice? I've already scoured the classifieds forum and the trader listing but no one seems to keep these smaller items in stock.

As it is I'm faced with a 2-3 week wait while Meek import the part from Japan.:sad:

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
thatll be the best option unless you want secondhand. search through the classifieds for people selling halfcut parts or google some import wreckers

G

Unregistered
So you've ordered the part through Meek, but are still trying to find one elsewhere? Potentially leaving them stranded with a part you don't need?

ras1983

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ray
Drive
PFL Manual Legnum VR4
So you've ordered the part through Meek, but are still trying to find one elsewhere? Potentially leaving them stranded with a part you don't need?

No that was just poor wording on my behalf. I've asked Meek to check how long it will take to have one brought over from Japan and how much it will cost; they've said that it could take up to three weeks but will get back to me with a more accurate figure. So I haven't committed to anything yet. The Legnum is my only car and I don't want to be without transportation for 2-3 weeks if I can help it.

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
Can you have it rebuilt with new seals etc? If the bore has rust get it s/s sleeved. If it's alloy with corrosion check if a s/s sleeve can be fitted anyway. Once it's got a s/s you'll probably find it last the life of the car. Generally around $120 if you take it off and to the brake and clutch people. Paramatta Brake and Clutch at Thornleigh are good for this type of work. Speak to Jack.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Parramatta Brake and Clutch at Thornleigh

They need to brush up on their geography though :)

Follow Paul's advice. Short of someone on the forum having one for sale, your options are EBay/Yahoo Japan/friend of a friend. These cars aren't exactly common so I'm not sure what you were expecting in terms of supply of spare parts. I had to wait 3 months for a transmission mount part of my engine mount set through MEEK. Shit happens.
Also try Bill at Ralliart NZ who has helped a lot of us here on the forum for spare parts.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Ralliart NZ can usually help in 3 or so days delivered but in this instance just get it reconditioned....

ras1983

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ray
Drive
PFL Manual Legnum VR4
An update - I sent an email to Ralliart NZ and they forwarded my enquiry to Neil Allport Motorposts Ltd (they must be a ralliart dealer/reseller).

They have the part (at a decent price) and I'm organising to purchase the part and get it shipped to Aus. So hopefully it shouldn't take too long.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Can you have it rebuilt with new seals etc? If the bore has rust get it s/s sleeved. If it's alloy with corrosion check if a s/s sleeve can be fitted anyway. Once it's got a s/s you'll probably find it last the life of the car. Generally around $120 if you take it off and to the brake and clutch people. Paramatta Brake and Clutch at Thornleigh are good for this type of work. Speak to Jack.
bringing up an old post. but has anyone had this done recently at all.

Top Bottom