frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I'm aware that this actually leads to slower 1/4 mile times and mph, inaccurate speedometer etc, but i'm in a position with the GTO where the previous owner put the wrong wheel/tire size combo on the car and I wanted to see if I can stick it out as the tires are near 100% tread 245/35 R20.. I don't want to buy new tires / wheels while there's still tread to use.

Will this damage anything? That's my main concern. I figure this would help anyone with the same issue in their leggy/galant :p

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
As long as all four wheels/tyres are the same size, you should be gravy. Use the Car Calculator posted on here to work out what your speeds are compared to what they show etc.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
To confirm same size all the way around, no staggered fitment etc?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
A 20" wheel will handle like a bag of dicks and be uncomfortable, but it won't harm the car. Once the tyres wear out, go something more appropriate.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
A 20" wheel will handle like a bag of dicks and be uncomfortable, but it won't harm the car. Once the tyres wear out, go something more appropriate.
This is pretty accurate :p

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)

Hummer spec 22" perhaps? ;-)

Top Bottom