frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
So I've had this issue a while now, my indicator jams when trying to indicate turning right. I have to physically hold it down quite firmly for it to work, otherwise it makes a bzzzzzz sound which resembles the normal indicator clicking sound but so rapid that it's a continuous buzz.

I haven't gone to pull it all open yet but has anyone else faced this issue and/or have any pointers for me and things to look for?

Thanks

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I don't know if they are the same, but in the 3rd gen magnas the buzzing indicator is often somehow actually caused by the hazard light button, fixing it can range from a few firm taps to removing it and cleaning the contacts.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Audis do this too, the relay was in the hazard switch. But the falling relay killed the stalk so often both would need to be replaced. ...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Josh, I had this exact same issue before..

unfortunately the fix is to replace the stalk (is that what it's called?)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I would still try tapping the hazard button a few times before I bought a replacement, just for curiosity's sake if nothing else.

Top Bottom