Initial Start up trouble - car shudders when turned on

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Well not really trouble and does not happen very often BUT since it does is probably good to ask....
Sometimes when I turn my car on it shudders and seems like it is not getting enough fuel ..... now questions...is this a problem with the Fuel Pump? Or a blockage in the fuel line? Injectors?
I have added injector cleaner but no really difference but like I said it is only every once and a while....

Cheers for the help if you can

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Completely missed this originally. Does it matter whether the car has been left off for a while or not? My white VR-4 did something similar, if I started it within 6 hours of it last being driven, it would start fine. If I came back the next morning and started it then it would need to be cranked over for a few seconds before it fired. Once I didn't drive it for a week and it needed to be cranked for about 5 seconds before it fired up.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
well I never really cared too much for the car, it was an auto, white, prefacelift! Those three things made is kind of boring in my mind! I only got it because it was cheap and I needed a car while the Purple VR-4 was off the road.

I sold it when I found the blue ST-R, and never bothered to even look into it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha fair enough. The reason I ask is my Magna is shuddering like a bastard, missing a cylinder regularly once the car gets hot. I've replaced the plugs twice with no success, so now wondering if its distributor, plug leads (although these are only two years old) injectors (run injector cleaner through it with no chagce either) or something else. Giving me the s@#% :(

Top Bottom