Insurance: What company, and how much?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
$10,000 just simply isnt enough for agreed value. Lets say your with them for 3 years, youve paid approx $4500 for 3 years of insurance, your car then gets written off, you pay your $500 excess (or more), so your really only getting $5000 back.

When I got the good quote above, I didnt mention anything about importing it myself, just said I purchased the vehicle for $17,000.

Maybe you can take some detailed photos and email them to Shannons? Or get an independent inspection report - where someone comes to your car, inspects it, and then sends the report to Shannons.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I would, but the guy I was talking to wouldn't give me an email address to send them to. Just said I had to take it to St Leonards which is too inconvenient. I'll see if I get a response from them soon :)

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I doubt 10k would entirely cover what anyone here paid to get there car on the road. :(

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i dont know how you guys got cheaper with daws, but maybe Genelle really looked after me :) thanks Genelle, i called Dawes and apparantly living in the bush is worse for whatever reason, i dont get that it costs more to insure a car in a town with 11000 people in the whole district there is next to no chance of the car being stolen and damage from driving in busy streets is not going to happen so how can it be cheaper in a city ???

insurance still sucks wish we didnt have to

there is no way $10,000 would cover anyone for what they have paid, the wait the cost of everything and my car was cheap but i would never replace it for $10,000 not with the leather and all the options

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I am with Just Cars, had two cars with them in the past.

Premium is $1164. I am 21 with no claims/accidents. I think the excess is a bit excessive(go figure?) but you get that. $15k agreed.

Shannons quoted me about $1300 a year, same deal as above. That is also with a 10% discount for having a CAMS license.

G

Unregistered
i'm with shannons, $1300 a year.

21 yrs old with 2 losses of license...

thats with a 10% discount as we have the stagea and the legnum insured through shannons, will have to get a CAMS license for another discount. :p

G

Unregistered
I feel ripped off, shannons want just over $1,500 a year for limited use, should only drive 2-3 day a week in it. I'm rating 1, have had 1 accident claim in the last couple of years, car is garaged. $17,000 agreed value. Is it just me or is NSW just really expensive. I bet it would go up if it was a daily driver which later on it mightbe.

And when getting the quote I didn't get asked any questions about being a enthusiast. This is the first time I have used shannons.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Emanual, give these guys a try...

DAWES MOTOR INSURANCE
shim.gif
PO Box 20
Turramurra NSW 2074

Phone 1300 188 299 Fax 1300 807 462

www.dawes.com.au

G

Unregistered
i dont know how you guys got cheaper with daws, but maybe Genelle really looked after me :) thanks Genelle, i called Dawes and apparantly living in the bush is worse for whatever reason, i dont get that it costs more to insure a car in a town with 11000 people in the whole district there is next to no chance of the car being stolen and damage from driving in busy streets is not going to happen so how can it be cheaper in a city ???

insurance still sucks wish we didnt have to

there is no way $10,000 would cover anyone for what they have paid, the wait the cost of everything and my car was cheap but i would never replace it for $10,000 not with the leather and all the options

I would say that because it is such a small town they wouldn't have enough statistics to correctly assess the risk so they have given your town a medium rating.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Just rang shannons, they said they wouldnt even quote me until another 12 months had passed as they needed 5 years of driving history.

Im 21yo and ive been driving since 2002. might have to try ringing again after 6.30 to get someone in WA

G

Unregistered
Did you use to drive on a farm or race go carts etc.. before you got your license. That will go towards you driving history..

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
no i didnt, he asked if i had done any racing or track driving before, i said no.

He didnt really sound like he could be bothered helping me anyway

G

Unregistered
When you call again... talk about everything motoring... That will gain extra points for you. also if you have driven other performance cars this will also help...

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I currently own another galant, will that help at all? what about the fact that i have only owned Mitsubishi's?

G

Unregistered
Any experience in cars will help.... and tell them that you love mitsubishi's etc....

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Is it normal for the insurance companies to want the car registered before they will insure it?

G

Unregistered
No, you can put a laid up cover on it with shannons if it will be unregistered for a while. This will cover you for fire, theft anf malicious damage.
Or
Put normal insurance on it if it is getting registered. Just remember that they wont cover you if you drive it illegally if you are driving it on a permit to get it registered then it is covered.

Just dont drive it until you get the full cover.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
well id need to drive to to get it home from the compliance place as far as i know.
That would be before i get it registered, so i would need a permit to drive it but i wouldn't want to drive it without insurance.....

Top Bottom