Intelligent Intercooler water sprayer

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Autospeed article/product - worth a read. (its a 5 part series, all free)

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0527

been round for years, but id never come across it.

This looks really clever. significantly improved cooling efficiency, without the loss in throttle response that comes with big pipes and intercoolers. (and at lower cost, say under $200 all up)

Naturally it could be used on any intercooler, but considering the limits of a stock pair of TD03s I wouldnt be suprised if this kit on the OEM cooler could actually make a better proposition than an upgraded intercooler, taking into account cost, retention of throttle response, and cooling efficiency. (I say 'could', not 'will' :p)

(ie TD03s at their effficiency limit (say 1 Bar) arent going to be flowing a great deal of air, but spinning like mad, so cooling the intake charge is probably more important than being able flow a great deal of air with a bigger intercooler (Although there is a relationship between the 2.) And given the OEM tube and fin units should flow well (being a tube and fin!) just improving its cooling efficiency 'on demand' with this smart sprayer may work really well.

G

Unregistered
In the same vain would a water methanol injection kit be beneficial as well?? It helps on supercharged cars but is it going to work on a turbo car?

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
It probably would help, (reduce intake temps) but i imagine setting one up would require more expertise and fiddling around than the intercooler spray.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
geez mark mustve just beat me to it.. if you want to delete this thread feel free..

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
oh yeah, its 2009, not 2008! doh!

Top Bottom