NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
weird i saw this video not long ago

very nice looking car, the stroker would be plenty of fun.

odd that the front towhook cover is missing lol

i really like the look of the blacked out front grill between the lights, silver with the black looks good. dont think it would be too hot on my trigger mauve

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Owned by a fella named BJ in the states. It's a USDM galant obviously with a vr4 front end and wild 6g75. Still front wheel drive too.

5BF903DC-CAE9-4CCA-AD6F-0D691CB1D0B6-5998-0000014A65E77B17.jpg

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
If only it was AWD or RWD! I don't particularly like big FWD cars.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
It looks like sex on wheels. Though if what Taylor says about the FWD is true, then it's disappointing.

My dad just picked up a Renault Megane RS hatch FWD, and while it apparently a very good example of a modern day FWD sports hatch, it really doesn't do it for me. Accelerating through corners is a no no, and even though they claim to have solved the problems of FWD torque steer it feels very obvious to me coming across from the VR4 where I can lay down the hammer mid corner (well, I could in my previous car anyway, maybe not Dawso's Ex).

Do you know what wheels he has on there in your shot Paulie? They look nice.

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger

I think they are supposed to be Work CR Kai copies (rota name clearly shown on centre cap...)
guess he spent so much on the engine he ran out of cash for the wheels lol

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
It looks like sex on wheels. Though if what Taylor says about the FWD is true, then it's disappointing.

My dad just picked up a Renault Megane RS hatch FWD, and while it apparently a very good example of a modern day FWD sports hatch, it really doesn't do it for me. Accelerating through corners is a no no, and even though they claim to have solved the problems of FWD torque steer it feels very obvious to me coming across from the VR4 where I can lay down the hammer mid corner (well, I could in my previous car anyway, maybe not Dawso's Ex).

18x9.5+22 rota grids

adriano

Idling at the Lights
First Name
adrian
Drive
starion
seems like a lot of effort and expense to have the same power as a chipped stock 2.5

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
It would be a lot different to drive than a VR4 and if you bolted a turbo or 2 on Im sure it would be a real weapon.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
Considering it starts life as a 6g73 powered, auto fwd grocery getter, I'd say its come a long way. Americans don't have vr4's

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
I love this car, If I decide to keep my galant for the long term then this is where Im going with it

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
i'd like to see 6b31 mivec twin turbo installed into a galant or legnum
Please enlighten a fairly recently converted old timer, what is a 6b31 and what did it come in. Al these number letter combinations are confusing. what was wrong with 350,351 and 426.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Please enlighten a fairly recently converted old timer, what is a 6b31 and what did it come in. Al these number letter combinations are confusing. what was wrong with 350,351 and 426.

6B31 is a 3l V6 that comes in Pajeros and Outlanders.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
and its got variable valve for intake and exhaust

also got 2 knock sensors.. and is 167kw as a stock engine.. or something like that

Top Bottom