Interior questions - Legnum VR-4 series II seats comfortable?

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I'm finding that lack of lumbar support in the S1 seats increasingly frustrating. My wife particularly suffers, she cannot drive for any long period without ending up with back pain. I'm going to have to find a solution, more than likely a set of Evo VI recaros. I presume the evo recaros have either decent, or even better, adjustable lumbar support?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
my recaro's out of an evo 6.5 don't have lumbar adjust, but the stock VR-4 ones do

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
hmm, I would've preferred a nice set of blue evo IV ones, plus they're easier to get

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
i have recaros in facelift and i reckon it needs more lumbar support for lower back. it hurt my back heaps at first but have had the car now 3 weeks and no pain at all, you just get used to it after a while ???? Maybe its all the lower back work ive done at the gym lately...lol....maybe???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah the evo 5 seats have no adjustable lumbar support, but it does have a permanent lumbar support. You just have to make sure you sit your butt right back in the seat to get the most out of it. Then the seat grips you heaps better too. No slouching :p lol

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
MyRecaros do not have adjustable lumbar support. The adjustmant it does have is the side supports. It can be widened for the larger person, or narrowed in for skinny people.

But definately no lumbar support.

G

Unregistered
my s2 facelift with suede interior has no lumbar supports, and it drives me nuts!

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
we obviously need a solution to this. I wonder if Magna seats will fit?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
The black leather seats are no better - no adjustable lumbar support...
I occasionaly get a sore lower back, but at 6'4" it's not uncommon for seats not to be supportive to me. However my wife who is 5'6" has no problems - she says they are nice and supportive :confused:

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The black leather seats are no better - no adjustable lumbar support...
I occasionaly get a sore lower back, but at 6'4" it's not uncommon for seats not to be supportive to me. However my wife who is 5'6" has no problems - she says they are nice and supportive :confused:

She doesn't hit roundabouts at 90 though ;)

I'm 6' and i find the seats to be fine for me, i just slide out of them when "spirited driving" becomes an understatement!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
They won't work either (sorry for the negativity lol!). They're a bolt-in into 2nd gen magnas and I tried a 2nd gen magna seat in the VR4.

G

Unregistered
lancer seats perhaps? seeing as cc/ce clear side indicators fit...the seats might too :ROFLMAO:

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Actually, my sister in law has a special edition CE lancer and the seats are awesome, they're like a combo black leather/suede and would be really nice in the leggy. Wonder if she'll let me try them out one day ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
CE Lancer is a good idea, if I come across one at a wrecker, I'll do some measuerments :D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Bolt in Bride rails are available for our cars. Might be the best option around by the sounds of it.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
so are recaro rails. from about $80 each plus freight from the land of the rising sun

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^ I was thinking that. Would be interested to know if the Just Jap Recaro copies bolt in to genuine recaro rails, then I can continue the black leather theme with these babies:
blackleathrecarotype.jpg

Top Bottom