IT Wiz Help Again

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Help me men!

We use an image to load up our servers, of which they now come with SBS 2008.

All works fine, until I activate it, which goes through fine once I type the unique key of the particular server in. After activation I reboot it, & I've lost network connectivity. Device Manager shows the network car is fine, but I cannot access the network adapter properties to see the IP address setting etc. It just shows an empty window & nothing ever happens.
Also when I go to the properties for the hard drive, the window that comes also stays on the screen & will not close.

It's as though by activating it, it's become crippled or something????????
I'm taking it back to the office tomorrow to get the wizards to look at it, just wondering in the meantime if anyone else has experienced this? Google came up with nothing....

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Why are you imaging SBS boxes?

They come from HP with a whole heap of shit we don't want or need on them. We took all the shit off, put on our SQL server & software etc & took an image of it.
Instead if spending hours getting them configured, it takes like 15mins.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I see many problems with what you are doing lol

Don't you need to configure all these boxes separately anyway? If not, then why SBS if you won't be using any of its functionality?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I see many problems with what you are doing lol

Don't you need to configure all these boxes separately anyway? If not, then why SBS if you won't be using any of its functionality?

Don't ask me dude. I just do what I'm told & install them :confused:

What problems ?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
What type of licensing are you using? OEM or Open? Why are all the SBS boxes configured the same way, you can only have one on a network at the same time you know.... Why install SQL before imaging? Are they all keeping the same name?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
What type of licensing are you using? OEM or Open? Why are all the SBS boxes configured the same way, you can only have one on a network at the same time you know.... Why install SQL before imaging? Are they all keeping the same name?

They all have the same network name, & the same settings. We load them normally at our homes so there's nothing with the same IP/name/etc on the network.
How do I know if I'm using OEM or Open licencing ?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Should say on the physical box....

I don't know anyone who's ever imaged SBS as a SOE so i'm not sure what the fix would be lol

Top Bottom