It's a small world (running into Gavin's Dad @ "Premier Tint", Dandenong VIC)

G

Unregistered
I went to a shop in Melbourne to look at getting my front windows tinted and cruise control fitted...

Turns out the guy is Gavin's father !

Lmao.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Which Gavin?

I need window tint, where should I be going?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Yep, Premier Tint in Dandenong on Cheltenham Rd just past the overpass of the new EastLink. I built the I.T. infrastructure (sounds impressive, but not :D) and he manages there now. There was talk about parking the Legnum outside for a stint to get some attention.

So did George (my dad) recognise the Legnum straight away Dirk? Every time we need to go somewhere (say dinner), I'm "designated driver". The guy knows his cars as well, formerly working with Mitsubishi, Toyota, Mercedes and Honda dealerships and a great bloke too boot.

http://www.premierwindowtint.com.au/locations/dandenong-melbourne-victoria.tint

Unfortunately, the email is down for the last week and a half (problem is upstream, *grrrr*) so it's best to give him a call, let him know you drive a Legnum and we'll see what we can do!

I'm getting the rear glass tinted (very light, UV blocking metallic film) soon.

G

Unregistered
i had my front windows tinted for free at my mums work... :D
was your back window not tinted gav? mine was. :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Oh the rears are coloured/smoked glass, but we'll have to check if they have UV blocking properties or just dark. Especially for those of us intending to carry the kids in the back (Steve, Mark, Bryan and drunkie mates :p ,etc) :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Cool Gav, I'd be keen on the UV film idea.

G

Unregistered
Yep, he recognised the car straight away. I'd explained I was trying to colour match the front to the rear, he took one step towards the front door, laughed and said he knew exactly what colour to use ;)

G

Unregistered
yes, but some have the tailgate door done, some dont.

it was more common on FL's, but my PFL has it too.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Sweet, thought so.

Anyone want to let out the secret as to what colour and tint percentage suits the factory privacy tints?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
So Dirk , is it getting done this week? Actually, why am I asking when I can find out from my dad? *laughs*

G

Unregistered
It's booked in this Thursday (24th) for the window tint and cruise control. (service on Wednesday at Chadstone Mitsubishi also). Been a bit busy lately, so couldn't get round to it.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
An update on this, Scottie dropped in to my Dad's workplace to get his windows done.

Apparently when my Dad answered the phone, he mentioned that "oh yes, I know what a Legnum is. My son drives one." Now we've all been in situations where you have to roll your eyes as you explain what an 8G Legnum/Galant so Scottie took my dad's word with a grain of salt. Every time my dad sees a Legnum now, he passes on the details to me to see if it's anyone on here.

I've yet to get my old man to drive Loki though :D

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Hey Gav, do we know what the std price is for a Legnum for window tint?
I would like to get mine done, even though I am selling it, it would be nice to get it done. :)

G

Unregistered
i want my fronts done but not matched, if i match i wont see anything.lol

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Yeah, matched is something crazy like 20% whereas I believe for "no hassles by the police" level is 35% tint

Joe, you've seen through mine at night right? ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, it was done a few weeks ago, but Nick's missus' car (black Honda Del Sol) came in for some tinting.

Black-on-black looks the goods as it made an appearance at the Victorian OZVR4 Christmas Cruise down to Portsea :)

Top Bottom