iTunes install error

G

Unregistered
I'm trying to install iTunes (any version) onto a laptop, have been for a little while, and everytime I download it it comes up with an error message once its finished downloading that says "this program has been reported as unsafe" and won't allow me to install it even if i run it as 'administrator'. I've had similar errors come up on other laptops and they've all of a sudden 'fixed' themselves but on this occasion/this laptop it just does not want to play nicely and is really pissing me off.

It's windows 7 32bit with service pack 1 installed...i've tried everything i can possibly think of, from uninstalling anti-virus software, to disabling windows firewall/defender, trying older versions of iTunes, playing with settings in IE9 and Firefox (ive used different browsers and still no luck).

quicktime is able to be installed, but just not iTunes

any ideas/help??

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I had a problem with itunes once that could only be fixed by creating a new user, more I have to log in as "stupid itunes" whenever I want to use it. (win 7 professional 64bit)....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Bugger.... sorry it didnt work, seems your apple product hates your microsoft product (or vice versa) more than mine dont get along....

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
got a anti virus on there at the moment?

G

Unregistered
I've put anti virus back on yeah, but even with it uninstalled it still won't work.

Bigfoot

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kenny
Drive
Legnum
Does this happen with any other program aside from quicktime/itunes?
Where is the itunes file downloaded from? Directly from apple?

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
Can you download iTunes.exe file to an external device and try installing it that way. Try running it from that media? Or insert the file into "program files" folder and try from there?

G

Unregistered
Does this happen with any other program aside from quicktime/itunes?
Where is the itunes file downloaded from? Directly from apple?
nope no other programs. only itunes, quicktime works fine.
Can you download iTunes.exe file to an external device and try installing it that way. Try running it from that media? Or insert the file into "program files" folder and try from there?
that was the first thing i tried. didnt work.

Top Bottom