Jevic certification?

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Hi guys,

Has anyone heard of Jevic inspection centres? Apparently they certify the kms on Japanese cars, according to a guy here in SA who imports and sells Legnums and Galants. Can anyone tell me what they think? Seems a bit odd:

Jevic is an independent inspection centre in Japan that do odometer check to verify that the Kms on the cars are accurate when they leave Japan, most counties require this Australia does not, hence the problem of dodgy car dealers bring cars in with tampered odometers.
Check out the link below, basically you can go on the web site and check the details of the car, using the chasis/vin number. The website explains it to you.

http://www.jevic.co.jp/jevic_english/inspectionservices/index4.html

Cheers,

Dan

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
my car has a JEVIC number and I bought i from a dealer in Adelaide. From what I can gather, the jevic comapnay checks service records, registration details, and pull the cluster out to inspect for signs of tampering. Once they have done this and its all OK (who knows) they then issue a certificate to justify its kms on the clock.
my car checked out with the right number of kms on the speedo.........

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Sounds like it could possibly be from the same dealer. I worry because he has a Galant and a Legnum advertised and they both have the same number of "certified" k's...

Top Bottom