Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Afternoon people,

As the title states, the company I work for (MaxiTRANS) is looking for Mechanical Engineers/Draftspersons so I asked my boss (head of engineering) if I could post the ad on a few of the forums I frequent.

Basic job rundown, we design semitrailers including brands the Freighter, Maxi-Cube, Lusty, Hamelex White, Azmeb and Peki. The job will be based in Ballarat Victoria at our main manufacturing factory (8 acres under 1 roof) in a recently refurbished open planned office. We use both AutoCAD and Solidworks drawing software although we are trying to migrate over to completely 3D (Solidworks) which means there are literally thousands of drawings that need to be converted so no shortage of work.

It's a great place to work, the work is both challenging and satisfying (well I find it to be) as you can see what you design take shape from raw steel to completely finished and painted product. We in engineering are pretty easy going and flexible with hours (factory is open almost 24hrs, it is open 24hrs 7 days a week in really busy periods), the standard day is 8am - 4:30pm.

I applied for the (and got) same job almost 2 years ago with an incomplete Mechanical Engineering degree, only pretty basic Solidworks knowledge and a bit of AutoCAD but have picked it up pretty quick, as you do when using the programs everyday. Of course there is lots I don't know but everybody is very helpful and always willing to lend a hand.

Anyways here's the ad:
http://www.seek.com.au/job/25493986

So if you are interested you can either apply direct to the address in the ad (note it does NOT go through an employment agency, all applicants will be seen by MaxiTRANS) or forward you resume to me and I'll pass it on.

Sorry for the late notice, they are looking to wrap up taking applicants end of this week/early next week but I figured somebody out there might be interested.

Thanks.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Damn I wish it was in QLD... Whats the rental market like in Victoria?

Gary31

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
96 Legnum V-r4
Hey Buddy I work for ARRB group I think we do some PBS assessments for you. I'll try to get you my resume tonight.

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Rick, much the same as other places but I don't really know, I have a mortgage and only live 5min from work.

Gary, really? Small world, in that case you probably would've dealt with Ivan Tarrant?

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Azmeb is located in Bundaberg but I don't think they are looking for engineering folks at the moment, however it never hurts to fire them off an email if you are keen. We bought into Azmeb last year so they already had all their own staff and engineering department up there which makes sense since that's where they are made.

Gary31

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
96 Legnum V-r4
I've done some of the work but it's usually one of my colleagues that deals with him, I think he has been there for like 40+ years.

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
yeah he has been there over 45 years and last week another engineer clocked up 40 years

Gary31

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
96 Legnum V-r4
I am writing my resume at the moment, its been a while since I needed to write one up.
Thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom