joe's mod update

G

Unregistered
as the title says i have been a little busy doing mods to this animal that some of you call (THE SILVER BULLET)
here goes: catch can, MBC, boost gauge, battery relocation...

things to come:
FMIC and custom s/steel pipes, custom air box, 3"dump pipes, cross drilled and slotted rotors, race brakes pads, braided brake lines and walbro fuel pump..
some pics:

NOTE: For more pics go to page 2.

fmicfr4.jpg

fmic1su4.jpg

and battery
battery1oh8.jpg

MOTORSPORT SECTION -

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1876091020834539911&ei=ADq6SPeuD4KAwgOkzpnXDA&q=legnum

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9181049795716145704&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3091615340158888650&hl=en

G

Unregistered
my silver wagon has similar plans set for it too. ;)

what are you doing with the AFM and intake?

G

Unregistered
not sure yet, im doing stainless pipe to the air box but bout the stock intake to turbos i mite try find someone who can make em up in silicone, maybe do a group buy if people were intersted..
with the AFM does any one have any sugestions? im sure the stock AFM will do the job cause im not making plenum bigger so its going to have ruffly the same volume of air going through just colder (hopefully)

G

Unregistered
i hope your not making the pipe from the TB to the IC one long solid welded section??
the motor does rock foward/back you know, it will need somewhere with some give so you dont tare the silicone joiners,

get a piggy back or full ecu and ditch the AFM.

G

Unregistered
no its goin to have joiners, if i welded the thing up like that i would never get it in/out.. same sa the other side.. its going to have the stock ecu for a little bit and MBC till i can afford a piggy back and AVCR..
fmicwithjoinersyz7.jpg

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Mate those mandrel bends look hot!
I can't wait to see it all on! Hurry up would ya! You will have to bring it in to the factory for a big install day.

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
how munch power you hopeing to get out of it ?

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
What size is the intercooler piping? Looks like 3"?

Let us know how much extra lag you get from it. Seems you have created a heap more space that you need to compress with air before it is the same as stock...

G

Unregistered
what BOV you gonna run?? where you going to mount it??

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
With your battery relocation, are you using either:
• a normal lead acid battery, but in a sealed box, vented to the outside of the car
or
• a sealed type of battery?

If not your setup is potentially quite dangerous and also illegal. When charging a lead acid battery will vent a small amount of hydrogen, and in particular, if overcharged it'll vent a considerable amount. Closed car full of hydrogen = big badda boom! All you need is your voltage regulator to fail and you'll have a car full of hydrogen....you wont know it either.

While the odds are you'd get away with your current setup, it's not worth the risk considering how easy it is to do it properly.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
im pretty sure Joe's smarter than that.. :D i'll bet on either Odyssey or Optima battery that he's using...

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Joe is in Gold Coast at the moment on holidays, limited net access.

G

Unregistered
hi guys im back, geez you all have been busy asking questions.. the cooler and pipes are on hold for the moment(no cash)..
gly i wanna run the hks ssqv bov but i want to mount it in the stock position with a 1" or 1"1/2 pipe running down to the bov..
joel im running 3" mandrel bends and its going to a 300 by 600 intercooler.
and christian no nos (i wish) would be nice.lol

Top Bottom