ACT John's Galant VR4 Type V

Scopes

Idling at the Lights
First Name
John
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Hi all

I am back for second go in the VR4 game - last time was 10 or so years ago in a PFL manual Legnum - it ended up down Melbourne way somewhere. I was a member back then but can not remember my username.

I just picked up a super clean manual FL Galant Type V from Alex in NSW - i am sure she would have been a member on here.

Have stolen a couple of her pictures as they are far better than what i have taken so far. Lots of tasty parts on it already. Plan is to fix a few cosmetic things up at first than look into getting a replacement steering wheel, brembos, hi vis dash and some more performance bits.

Located in Canberra.

Cheers,

John :)

upload_2020-6-14_22-49-13.png

upload_2020-6-14_22-49-42.png

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome back to the forum John. I don't think this template was a thing when you were last here.

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 17.3a

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

Scopes

Idling at the Lights
First Name
John
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
:) :) ! ! Welcome Back OzVR4 ! ! :) :)

Nice Pick-up !
Hopefully pick it up at a good price ? :)

Thanks! It definitely wasn’t the cheapest one I’ve seen but I think the price reflected the condition, maintenance and mods added. I have rego inspection this afternoon - very nervous about the coilovers and exhaust volume haha.

Scopes

Idling at the Lights
First Name
John
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Haha yea, so your changing rego to a different state ?
Hopefully all goes well and gets the all clear.

Yep NSW to ACT - and boy did they have a good crack at it! Got me on the headlight beam pattern, glove box not fitted, an exhaust leak, tie rod end and drivers brake caliper leaking. Will have to try source some parts for it.

Hsigt2

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Garry
Drive
'00 Galant VR-4
'98 Integra VTi-R
I remember seeing this one for sale on Carsales - was watching it closely haha. Honestly, that price was a bargain given the current market for Jap turbos alone, the fact that it was so clean makes it even sweeter.

Top Bottom