jungle aka Simon // Brisvegas - QLD

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Looks nice Simon!

What's that controller above the aircon?

Also good to see you've got 'performance' pedals!

cheers

Lee

p.s. I changed your links to actual images for lazy people like me :)

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Sensational Simon!!

Looks like lots of room for the rotty.

I noticed on the front shot there is what appears to be slots cut for the air intake, definitely looks like it would make a difference.

Nice view in the photos; where abouts did you take those shots?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I noticed on the front shot there is what appears to be slots cut for the air intake, definitely looks like it would make a difference.

All the PFL's have those slots (except mine which I attacked with a saw and now has a hole instead of slots :) )

cheers

Lee

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sensational Simon!!

Looks like lots of room for the rotty.

Nice view in the photos; where abouts did you take those shots?

Thanks Lee, was just trying to keep the size of the pics down so had the pink to photobucket.

Thanks Joshwah! Pics were taken at my place, i live at Summerholm or for those that don't know the area Plainlands/Laidley/Gatton. Yes the view is rediculous about 340 degrees in every direction and can see 50km plus. Its just a magic place

Correct Justin its a Rev speed thingy, it'll be coming out in the next few weeks, the wife doesn't like it and neither do i. Also has an Apexi boost gauge as well that isn't in the pics but that too will be coming out in a few weeks after we get used to how much throttle is required to get those tiny turbo's puffing which isn't much can see!

Actually there are 2 Rotties and yes they do love it- black dogs and dark interior are a good match. Am impressed with the Teins as well, although mine aren't adjustable they are quite good.

Had a quick look at the CAT, it's a pissy thing put in for compliance, looks like 2&1/2 inch inlet and outlet, then steps up to the 3 inch cat back exhaust. It'll be replaced with a CATCO metal cat in a few months.

The wife has already told me that i'm not allowed to mod the car, that's why i have the Skyline and Sil80 ....i haven't told her that i have already got an intercooler and the latest SAFC he he:D... oh and a K&N panel filter :D

Actually i didn't notice the slots in the grill until i downloaded the pics- But good spot!

I didn't like the mags when i saw it in the shop, but they've grown on me, sometimes i see the 5 spoke chrome and other times i see the black first.

Oh yer, how cool are the Legnum mats!!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
G'Day Simon,

If you need the PDF in how to set that particular A'Pexi RSM, let me know and I'll send it to you. I have the exact one but it's mounted on the right-hand side above the vent.

apexirsmrq2.jpg

It's interesting to log 100m/200m/400m distances, and apparently removes the 180km/h speed limit, 100km/h-200km/h-300km/h times plus other bits and pieces! If you want to sell the rest... *ahem*

Looks good mate, congratulations on the HIDs :)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Had a quick look at the CAT, it's a pissy thing put in for compliance, looks like 2&1/2 inch inlet and outlet, then steps up to the 3 inch cat back exhaust. It'll be replaced with a CATCO metal cat in a few months.

Hey Simon,

who do you get those CATCO cats through? Do you think we could get a group buy as I need one as well.

cheers

Lee

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hey Simon,

who do you get those CATCO cats through? Do you think we could get a group buy as I need one as well.

cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

I get mine from http://www.bosimporting.com.au/

The standard metal cat flows 706cfm and i can tell you from personal experience they not only outflow everything else on the market, the matrix has a great ability to withstand abuse...my CDI shorted out and i drove my 6 cylinder car on 3 cylinders ~15km back to my tuners. This would normally destroy the cat with so much unburnt fuel but it was fine when i finally got home and removed it for a look

I can ask Michael about a group buy but we'll probably need at least 10 to get any potential discount

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Thanks Joshwah! Pics were taken at my place, i live at Summerholm or for those that don't know the area Plainlands/Laidley/Gatton. Yes the view is rediculous about 340 degrees in every direction and can see 50km plus. Its just a magic place

Simon, all I can say is... :drool::drool::drool:!!!

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Am impressed with the Teins as well, although mine aren't adjustable they are quite good.
I really thought you did have the adjustable model. Ahh well. They still ride damn well while controlling the car well.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hey Justin, no adjustment available with this set

I plan to take the car for a dyno run as soon as my SAFC arrives and i fit a new cat.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi Lee,

I get mine from http://www.bosimporting.com.au/

The standard metal cat flows 706cfm and i can tell you from personal experience they not only outflow everything else on the market, the matrix has a great ability to withstand abuse...my CDI shorted out and i drove my 6 cylinder car on 3 cylinders ~15km back to my tuners. This would normally destroy the cat with so much unburnt fuel but it was fine when i finally got home and removed it for a look

I can ask Michael about a group buy but we'll probably need at least 10 to get any potential discount

I have a price from Michael, however, it was without flanges, so he's getting back to me.

I took a few pics underneath the car yesterday and can conform the crap compliance cat on there, looks like 2.5 inch and they've made the 3inch cat-back step down in size to match the cat outlet...i'll be fixing this very soon.

Hey i can no longer find the thread of whoever had 50 K&N panel filters lined up- can someone point me in the right direction please?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
ahh you've got one of those prefacelifts with ralliart on the centre console and the grey carbon fibre, cool :)

I love the look of the exhaust too

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Simon do you have the grey carbon fibre console?? That pic just looks grey / titanium. Can you take a better pic of the console for us please?? Been dying to find a photo of the grey CF...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It'd be worth looking at a high-flow cat... but what is the stock exhaust diameter of the VR-4? :)

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Simon do you have the grey carbon fibre console?? That pic just looks grey / titanium. Can you take a better pic of the console for us please?? Been dying to find a photo of the grey CF...
Yeah it's the grey CF. Looks pretty good. I'd love to have that rather than the wood grain in mine. Which models orginally had the grey CF and which had the more yellowy coloured CF?

It'd be worth looking at a high-flow cat... but what is the stock exhaust diameter of the VR-4? :)
Jungle's VR-4 already has an aftermarket exhaust. Not sure if it's just cat back though.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Bradc, yep- you have the same??

SiliconAngel- Yes it looks like grey/titanium colour CF, here are a few pics for you

BuzzPuppy - here you can see how the exhaust steps down to meet the cat, also, where the front of the cat is larger than the front pipe- crap cat looks like 2.5 inch. I'd say the standard ex looks like 2&1/4. This front pipe would enjoy the benefit of a step up to 3inch, maybe 2&1/4 off both turbo's then join at a flange that is 3 inch.
I think the guy in Perth is working on this- not sure how it's going, haven't read anything on it for a while?

Also the car has a 3inch cat back with 2 "hotdog" looking resonators. Quiet, but a very nice growl :)

Attachments

• IMG_8228.jpg
    IMG_8228.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8238.jpg
    IMG_8238.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8211.jpg
    IMG_8211.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8207.jpg
    IMG_8207.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 20

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Michael from www.bosimporting.com.au doesn't know what angle to set the flanges as he doesnt do them for Misubishi's.

I'll take the cat off my car and compare it with his cat i have on my Sil80, otherwise, just get an exhaust shop to weld on flanges when they fit it, probably be just as easy and cost a very similar amount?

But won't be until mid next week as i'm tied up with work.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Simon,

I'd still be keen for a group buy on the cat even without flanges as I can get a local shop to fit it as you mentioned,

cheers

Lee

Top Bottom