jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi guys,

Found the site from Mitchy, i noticed his signature picutre in Skylinesaustralia website had the front of a Legnum, so after a few PM's here i am.

Have just organised a 96 wagon with a few mods, actually could be the one Murph has listed in his introduction!?!

Its for the wife, need to carry 2 Rottweilers and she didn't like the Stagea or pretty much everything else i offered, actually she thinks the Legnum is for old farts, but when she drives it tomorrow, i'm sure she'll change her mind. I sticthed up the deal without her having driven it, but i know she'll love it! If she doesn't i told her she can drive my 32 and i'll take the wagon!

I already have a 32 4 door and Sil80 but am very impressed with the VR4.

I just read that the sites offers a finding service? Wish i'd joined earlier, would have made things easier.

Hope to see you guys around

here are a few bad pics i took with my iPhone in the rain a few days ago

Cheers

Simon

Attachments

• Legnum.jpg
    Legnum.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Legnum2.jpg
    Legnum2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Legnum3.jpg
    Legnum3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Legnum4.jpg
    Legnum4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 51
G

Unregistered
hey simon nice ride. where did you get it from..I pick up mine hopefully this week ..same colour (nice choice by the way). My wife too is not entirely convinced she says it looks nice but is not worth that sort of money. She doesnt like any of the skylines and most things are too small for her with two kids and all the junk. The last contender was the wrx but it too got eliminated for its size. Not complaining though I wanted my Legnum the day I saw it. It has the size , the performance, the luxury , the comfort and the look. It draws attention everytime I take it on a test run.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
G'day Simon, welcome to the site.

I am one of a few VR-4 owners that are former Skyline drivers. You will be happy with the VR-4 they are great cars for the money.

I am not sure what you mean about a finding service, there are two highly regarded import brokers that frequent the place, but they are not tied up with the site.

There are plenty of trainspotters (myself included :)) that spend way too much time looking at Japanese websites and car yards for anything VR-4 :D

I have had my VR-4 on the road for 4 days and my wife loves it, her only concern is that she is going to loose her licence :p

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
:D I have had my VR-4 on the road for 4 days and my wife loves it :p

Seems like a common theme. Might have to start another poll to find out how many of us have had the keys confiscated by our wifes.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Just Plain Nuts, thanks for the welcome. Car was at Brisbane unique autos in Cooparoo, was the only manual they had. Wife won't drive anything but a manual, so thats fine by me, she's never liked autos!
Yes i went through the same as you with the different cars and not liking them etc, although her only requirement was to fit the dogs! Hope your car turns up this week for you

Hawks, bad choice of words on my part, meant import broker! 4 days, i read your journey with the car, looks fantastic, love those rims too by the way, if you decide to sell them and go with your 18's drop me a pm!My wife received more speeding fines this year than i have in my driving career!! Looks like a few stern words are in order when she's in the Legnum!

Peter D- hey love your rims. Yes i'll only get to drive the car when we go somewhere!

Cheers

Simon

G

Unregistered
good to see you made it simon!

nice looking car, silver is a great colour. ;)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes, wife drove it this afternoon, she loved it.....as if there was any other response!!

Just waiting for the compliance plate to arrive, due next week which means most likely a week or 2 after that!!

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Welcome Simon,

Join the "only get to drive the car when with the wife" club. I have been relegated to the skyline (not that I am complaining but it would be nice to drive the Leggie all the time).

Hope your complience plate comes through soon, they can take a while (was in the wame batch as Hawkes).

Catch you around,
Mike

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Its a very nice car, particularly seeing its a 96 model. The car which the Leggy is replaceing is a Vectra, been a great car but the Leggy has it in spades over Opel!

Very impressed with build quality and the ride from the Teins is very nice...surprising as most/all of the Tein equipped cars i've been in have rediculous springs rates and ride terribly!

The wife wasn't real keen on the looks of it to begin with, but after driving it she loved it. Is now pestering me, when will the compliance plate arrive!!

Still have my Nissan's though, i've told her she can drive the 32 and i'll drive the Leggy, but she won't be in it. Have a 4 door 32- my daily which is soon to receive an RB26 and my track car a RB25 powered Sil80. Aiming to come in the top 3 of Saturday and Wednesday arvo sprints this year in it. I am also building a RB26/30 for it, as the suspension has seen as much development as it can in its current form and now needs more hp....the 400rwhp it currently has isn't enough!!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Simon, I think you are my new best friend :)

When's the next track day you're attending - I call SHOTGUN!!!!

Lee

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
He he, 26 January (Saturday) at QR and then 6th Feb for Wednesday, but unfortunately passengers aren't allowed...a top Gear event or a private track day might be different though!
I came third in the wednesday sprints last year, but didin't attend all the events and i prefer those to Saturdays as they are fully subscribed pretty much for each event so i stopped going and switched to Wednesday arvo's, much more civilised!!!

Hey, you guys should bring the Leggy's out!!! I might take mine out for a blat as well.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Simon, I'm definitely keen to get out to a track day, we haven't made any plans yet for a meet in Feb so maybe we can organise something then.

Hopefully you can make it to the dyno day and we can chat some more about it.

cheers

Lee

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi Lee,

Sounds good to me, just hope work hasn't got any "surprises" for me and i can make it on the 19th.

I'm always up for a chat!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Found out yesterday that the compliance plate wont be ready until first week in Feb now :banghead:

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Found out yesterday that the compliance plate wont be ready until first week in Feb now :banghead:

Damn hey. It'll be worth the wait though. Yours is quite a nice example.

That said, looks like I'll have my legnum before you! :D
Dom ended up finding me one that was at another dealer, did a stock trade on it. White, manual, low ks and stock other than Teins (basic spec though). Should have it Friday arvo. I'm excited!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto

Bugger! That's probably when I'll get my Gally, except mines already complied; just waiting for the seller to sort out the broken tail light before it comes up here!:(

I'm going nutty!!!:eek:

Top Bottom