Just some advice...

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Alrighties I went and got quotes today for repairs..

The first place said that it'd be around $5000+ to get my radiator support repaired as it is a structural piece, triple layered steel, etc.. and they didn't recommend me repairing it, but recommended replacing it..

The second place were a bunch of wankers and were rude, and didn't want to quote me..

The third place said similar to the first, and said that he'd really recommend replacing it..

I had no idea how bad it must've been in the first place..

So anyway, I'm considering getting a front cut again (back to square one from a month ago!) to get the radiator supports and a quarter panel.. I found one that is $2500.. But it has a heap that I don't need..

What do you guys recommend I do..?

Buy the front cut, take what I need, and try to sell the remaining parts?

I can't dodgy this, and I really don't want to do any dodgy! haha..

ALSO quickly, the front quarter panels from Series 1 fit Series 2 Facelift yeah?

My Front Cut topic:
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4451

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
The import parts place will not just sell you the parts you need???

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Tom, why don't you try to call Mike Ashton from Kempys and see how much it would cost for you to buy it? I always get my parts with him with a very reasonable price (parts and shipping cost) and shipping will only take about 2wks or less.

I will bet you wont even fork out a $5k.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Tom, why don't you try to call Mike Ashton from Kempys and see how much it would cost for you to buy it? I always get my parts with him with a very reasonable price (parts and shipping cost) and shipping will only take about 2wks or less.

I will bet you wont even fork out a $5k.

Ah awesome idea Gorgath, thanks! :)

Skurfer, I'll have to find a place with Galant goodies first.. It seems to be hard in Sydney to find parts for a Galant/Legnum.. When this first happened we contacted a few Import places and wreckers, they had nothing AT ALL for a Galant/Legnum..

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If you have the cash to invest, get the half cut. You'd end up getting your money back, as people buy front cuts for the mechanical stuff. A front cut without the rad support is going to sell for as much as one with the rad support...

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Another bloke on here said he is interested in the same Front Cut.. So instead he might buy it and I'll get the parts I need from him :)

Top Bottom