Keyless Entry

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey guys I have been having this issue with keyless entry on my Leggy and this started only a couple of days ago before which it was fine...

So the problem is that now when ever I walk towards my car it will unlook itself and the front two windows will roll down automatically. then if i wanna lock the car I have to insert the key and wind them up after which i have to manually lock the door. my lock button on the key dosent seems to be working all of a sudden to lock the car.

Any ideas what happening?

G

Unregistered
For starters.. open up your key, and clean the contacts. Sounds like the unlock button is getting stuck down.

G

Unregistered
in the 18 months that i had my previous legnum, i never knew about this feature lol. just the normal unlock/lock feature.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Kool I didn't know this either now I'm going off to try it

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
the unlock button is not stuck as i can push it down...but when the car is locked all i have to do is walk up to the car and it unlocks itself and windows roll down..thats what i dun like..cause before i lock it again i have to manually close the windows first and then use the key to lock it..

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Great in summer when you want a blast of fresh air before jumping in a hot car. They go up too if you hold the lock button after locking the doors. Only the fronts though.

G

Unregistered
the unlock button is not stuck as i can push it down...but when the car is locked all i have to do is walk up to the car and it unlocks itself and windows roll down..thats what i dun like..cause before i lock it again i have to manually close the windows first and then use the key to lock it..

Must be witchcraft then. Sorry, instead of "stuck down" I should have said "stuck on". It does not necessarily mean you physically can't press it in. Report back after you have inspected the internals of the key. Try cleaning the circuit contacts under the buttons and re-assembling the key WITHOUT the button membrane in it. Then do your usual locking with a key, and see if the car unlocks itself still. Also try inserting a brand new battery. If you are still having problems after you have tried these things then we can make further suggestions.

G

Unregistered
Wait... you guys have keyless entry?!?!?

Keyless entry = Remote central locking buttons built into the key, just don't need to actually insert the key into the door lock. Your car should have this too?

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
My key only functions as a key. My Japanese user manual indicated that the keyless entry option was only an optional extra. For all of the good points about my car, I was really disappointed in not having this as standard.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
All 4 windows go up when holding down the lock button, only 2 fronts do down holding unlock for me.

I worked this out the day i got my galant lol

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
My cars remote appears to be water damaged so I have an aftermarket alarm and remote which sucks :(

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Dan, almost certainly. I've never heard of a VR-4 coming without remote entry.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Mine doesn't do the cool window winding down thing. Sad panda.

yer i got all excited yesterday and raced home to try it and nothing happend.. well except my doors unlocked no window action tho :(

Top Bottom