Kia Koup

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Although if I was looking for something Korean I would take this in a heartbeat :)

HyundaiCoupe.jpg

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
A big step for KIA, even though it does have design cues from the current Civic Type-R hatch :) Nice find!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
The rear 3/4 view is very Honda-esk I thought :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
About time Kia and Hyundai decided to join the new millenium ;)

I'll be interested to see how these go once they're actually released.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
is that the RWD V6 concept? definately has potential...

It's the Genesis coupe. RWD and V8 I think. And it's in production!

Hyundai is really getting serious. I remember reading a snippet of an interview with a Toyota head honcho where the interviewer asked which company scares Toyota the most. He said Hyundai.

G

Unregistered
Not V8, and the production spec looks a bit less street-racer haha.

The engine choices are a 3.8ltr V6 making as much or a bit more than the 360Z, and a 4cyl turbo.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
There must've been a V8 in the concept car then, because I remember reading a few articles saying V8 and 350hp. Shame that one fell by the wayside :(

G

Unregistered
Nah, the V8 was only ever rumoured, and that was a rumour based on the fact that the Genesis RWD sedan will be V8 powered. :)

FWIW, I think the V6 is somewhere between 300 to 350hp.

G

Unregistered
Haha, I think that feeling is going to pass a lot quicker than people expect. Hyundai are—and have been for a while now—lining up to surprise the shit out of everyone.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^My wife likes the new I30, and wants to get one... I still can't stomach selling our Mazda 3 SP23 for a Hyundai though, so the Mazda stays... BUT I did sit in one at the motorshow and was reasonably impressed by how far they have come. Far better than the Korean Crap holden are selling as their own (Epica, Craptiva, etc)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I want to see one with the factory sports kit as per the concept art. If Hyundai doesn't release something like that they're stupid - what a missed opportunity!

The i30 has one of the best efficiency ratings of any production car. Fantastic little things for the money.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Nah, the V8 was only ever rumoured, and that was a rumour based on the fact that the Genesis RWD sedan will be V8 powered. :)

FWIW, I think the V6 is somewhere between 300 to 350hp.

Ahh righteo, that makes more sense then.

G

Unregistered
Holden are scared sthless by Hyundai so they brought out the epica and captiva now Hyundai DO NOT have anything to worry about. They will be the next big motor company bring out awesome cars ahead of their time a bit like mitsu but no way near as good or cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Unregistered
Haha, let's not get carried away Tommo. The Lancer is boring as bat shit, and that's about all they've got worth talking about aside from the Evo.

Aside from the 8G Galant and the Evo, I've gotta admit I'm not a big Mitsu fan.

G

Unregistered
I was more talking about current models, but since you ask haha, nope I don't like the GTO at all.

Top Bottom