King Springs

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I have also contacted Pedders in regards to replacement/short stroke shocks, see how we go :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
No idea dude, but we generally pay between $110 and $180 a pair. I will be calling them tomorrow to order me a set so i will let ya know tomorrow night :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hhmm that seems like similar to the HJ V6-24 model springs that i had.. I might be able to get them for $120 a pair.. they're kinda stiff ass though.. but nice..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
my bad.. just had a look and they're different in a way.. probably load ratings..

Royal

Crunching Gears
First Name
BEN
Drive
Legnum
is it ok to fit Galant (sedan) kingsprings in Legnum (Wagon)? would the spring rate make the rear seat lower than it meant to? Anyone experience or know?

2000vr-4: did u end up getting a set? how low did it drop your car? got any pic?

G

Unregistered
You should only put the leggy ones in a leggy as the rear is heavier ...

G

Unregistered
^-- what he said. the spring rate for a legnum is higher for the rear.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
^^ what they said.
No I didn't and prolly wont, I would look better a bit lower but I don't mind it as it sits anyway

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Followed this up with King Springs (presuming these are the same RPW sell) Response was:

KCFL-65 - 270 lb linear rate
KCRL-66 - 120 lb linear rate

Regards,

Gary Beattie
Sales and Technical Services
Sales Co-ordinator
KING SPRINGWORKS PTY LTD

So this is 4.82kg/mm Front, 2.14kg/mm rear.

Should be fine in a galant, but SURELY too soft for the wagon I would imagine.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah I've got em on my leggie now, you wouldn't want to go any lower, especially with the 3" exhaust. My resonator is too fat and scrapes. Getting it changed for a thinner one. Other than that it looks mean and is comfortable.

prelowered.jpg

Pre lowered

07-05-08_0820.jpg

Post lowered

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
that does look good, I'm concerned about the soft rear springs though. Load the car up and you'll be really low in the rear!

G

Unregistered
2.14kg/mm is pretty light on...

my rates are 8.7kg front, 7.2kg rear, and with the car not much lower than madhav's, my tyres would hit the guards over big bumps with no load in the back.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Yeah I've got em on my leggie now, you wouldn't want to go any lower, especially with the 3" exhaust. My resonator is too fat and scrapes. Getting it changed for a thinner one. Other than that it looks mean and is comfortable.

Pre lowered

Post lowered

So is it just the springs you've changed. And how is the ride. Mel's Leggy has the coilovers with the 17's on it and I've got the factory setup on mine and I like the ride on mine heaps more than hers. Although the handling on Mel's is better than mine.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Just a set of King Lows should be sweet yeah? Would I need to change the shocks or anything?

I got King Lows on my Liberty, but didn't need to change anything else!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
With just the springs, you'd be asking for trouble I think. Most of these cars are 60,000+ kms now, and shocks are generally only good for around 60-70k. If you only add springs first time around, you'd be up for new shocks reasonably soon anyway I would imagine. Do it once and do it properly I would suggest.

G

Unregistered
With just the springs, you'd be asking for trouble I think. Most of these cars are 60,000+ kms now, and shocks are generally only good for around 60-70k. If you only add springs first time around, you'd be up for new shocks reasonably soon anyway I would imagine. Do it once and do it properly I would suggest.

Hence why coilovers will be the cheaper option once youve added the cost of springs and new shocks. You can also specify your exact ride height, raise it up if you get to much heat from da powlice and control firmness.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY

prelowered.jpg

Pre lowered

07-05-08_0820.jpg

Post lowered

Would you mind measurng the Hub to Guard height for me - front and rear?
Also, have you tried loading up the car yet to see what effect this has on how the rear sits?

Cheers
Lee

Top Bottom