NZ Kiwigalant from Club VR-4

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
G'day guys I just thought would introduce myself seen as though I'm pretty active on Club VR-4 and have been reading the forums here for a while. I am Craig from the Waikato in New Zealand and I have a 96' Galant VR-G with a GDI engine.

Hoping to get myself into a VR-4 in the next year or so once I finish studying/being lazy and start working full-time. Until then it's not stopping me learning about them and being crazy about modifying these cars. By the way I lived in Melbourne for 3 years from 2008 to early 2011 and did my last three years of schooling there so can handle the flak you give us kiwis :D

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Kia ora. Welcome to Ozvr4. My wife is from Manurewa Aoteroa so I have much experience in giving you guys a hard time daily;). You should get in to a VR4 as soon as you can you wont regret it. And with the roads you guys have over there you can expect to have a lot of fun too.:D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome to ozvr4, good call on reading and knowing more about the car. Once you're ready to purchase 1, you'll know what to do with it

I hope you get your car soon..

just a quick question, does your vrg have the adjustable headlight level?

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Kia ora. Welcome to Ozvr4. My wife is from Manurewa Aoteroa so I have much experience in giving you guys a hard time daily;). You should get in to a VR4 as soon as you can you wont regret it. And with the roads you guys have over there you can expect to have a lot of fun too.:D
Lol that's cool an anzac couple aye. Yeah they aren't too bad I guess, I can't wait to get a VR4 and drive it through the twisties over to the coromandel.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
welcome to ozvr4, good call on reading and knowing more about the car. Once you're ready to purchase 1, you'll know what to do with it

I hope you get your car soon..

just a quick question, does your vrg have the adjustable headlight level?
Yeah I'm glad that I'll know a bit about them, what modifications are good to do and how to look after them. By adjustable do you mean on the back of the headlight where it has the screws to change the position? If that's it then yes otherwise I can't think of anything else lol.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
By adjustable do you mean on the back of the headlight where it has the screws to change the position? If that's it then yes otherwise I can't think of anything else lol.

sorry, I should've said electronically adjustable..

check in your dash near the fog switch.. to see if you have a switch similar to this

$_12.JPG

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
sorry, I should've said electronically adjustable..

check in your dash near the fog switch.. to see if you have a switch similar to this

$_12.JPG
Nope and never seen that switch before lol. I actually picked up one of those 3-switch panels from pick-a-part here which had a TCL switch in it and took 3 fog light switches as well even though I don't have fog lights yet. So many parts there, so little money in my wallet!

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome to OzVR4! The prices of VR-4s are so good in Kiwi land -- almost wish I lived there!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Welcome Craig, how does she go with the GDI engine?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Kia ora bud. Good to see another kiwi on here my wife's from Rotorua. Daughters middle name is Cazna -Anzac backwards.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Welcome to OzVR4! The prices of VR-4s are so good in Kiwi land -- almost wish I lived there!
Thanks and yeah you can sure grab some bargains and the average price seems to be a bit lower than in Oz.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Welcome Craig, how does she go with the GDI engine?
Cheers. Its goes okay mines just always run really rich, idles very rough and lifters are noisy. Decarbed the intake plenum and cleaned PCV valve recently and that seems to have made it a bit smoother and lifters quietened too unexpectedly. Quite torquey in first gear and goes alright overall but struggles under a bit of load and have to rev the hell out of it without accelerating. Look forward to not worrying about being unable to stay at the speed limit up big hills lol.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Kia ora bud. Good to see another kiwi on here my wife's from Rotorua. Daughters middle name is Cazna -Anzac backwards.
Ahh sweet dude, what's with you guys and kiwi girls haha is that why you chose it?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Cheers. Its goes okay mines just always run really rich, idles very rough and lifters are noisy. Decarbed the intake plenum and cleaned PCV valve recently and that seems to have made it a bit smoother and lifters quietened too unexpectedly. Quite torquey in first gear and goes alright overall but struggles under a bit of load and have to rev the hell out of it without accelerating. Look forward to not worrying about being unable to stay at the speed limit up big hills lol.

maybe it needs new coils? :D

...just in case.. i do know its GDI and is Diesel, so no coils are required

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Diesel? They run like a diesel if you use 91 and when you're idling lol

Top Bottom