Leather conversion

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Hi everyone, I have a 2001 Legnum wagon with the cloth seats. Can anyone ou there offer me any advice on changing over to leather.

1. Import Leather seats and door inners as parts from japan/New zealand

2. Find a good upolsterer

Any other idea's team?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is probably easier to get them re-done in Aussie. The seats are obviously heavy and large and would be difficult to ship

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I never got an exact cost (cos I couldn't bring them the car for a quote) but some places gave me a ball park around $2000-2200. But they were just guessing as I don't think they knew what a VR-4 looked like :)

cheers

Lee

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
have a chat to kristian (iron chef) im sure he was thinking about getting all his cars converted as it was what people were wanting he should at least know what the cost is or a good idea anyway

Mine already has leather dont need to worry about it :)

G

Unregistered
If you where willing to wait for the bit's to come over via sea freight then Japan might be alright place to source it, but it could take 3 months for the bits to get here. If not NZ would be the best way to go, you just gotta find somone with a container to bring it over in :p

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I looked into it and got a price from the trimmer that Shogun use and it was around the $2400 mark, including all the door panels.

Given how hard it is to find late model manuals with leather, a re-trim might be a better option.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Wait a bit for a few half cuts or something to come in or get onto a used parts importer and get them to chuck some in their nex container to aus, depends how urgently you want the leather really

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The problem is that 99% of the leather cars are in tan, which means also swtiching the dash and all the other interior bits to match. Black leather would be the shizzle - I've bought a few Stageas with it and it looks really classy.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Yeah thanks for the feed back guys, Good point Kristian........most leather interior is tan and wouldnt really match my black interior..........so leaves me one option to source a upholster. If anyone (Kristian) does come across some black seats etc over in japan/ nz that need a new host (Next to no chance, im guessing) please feel free to contact me, i am in no rush so will wait.

And yes that black leather would look O for awesome!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I've got black leather in my whit VR-4, but unfortunately it isn't spare. I would definately sell it for the right price though!

Lots of ST-R's and later model Viento's have black leather, so you may want to look there.

Top Bottom