Legnum and Towbar Parts etc

G

Unregistered
Im thinking about getting a legnum and have a few questions

Has anyone put a Towbar on and how much can they legally tow.
Can you get rotors and pads etc in australia

Cheers

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Double check with your motor registry, but from my hazy memory the legal limit of towing in Oz is about 3/4 of the weight of your car, including trailer etc.

And yes you will be able to get rotors and pads in australia

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I've seen pictures of Legnum towing a fairly large boat, so I don't think you'll have any real problems there, maybe send an email to the guys at Kempy's in NZ about how much a second hand setup will cost.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Double check with your motor registry, but from my hazy memory the legal limit of towing in Oz is about 3/4 of the weight of your car, including trailer etc.

that would be before the trailer requires its own brakes right? Id imagine if the trailer/caravan has its own brakes then it could be a lot heavier.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They get rated to 1500kg over here, but Williams big boat is well over 2 ton and he hasn't a problem with it.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
that would be before the trailer requires its own brakes right? Id imagine if the trailer/caravan has its own brakes then it could be a lot heavier.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that.

With brakes, I'm not sure what the limit is.

I just checked it out with the RTA:

With brakes you can tow up to 1.5 times the weight of an unladen vehicle (under 4.5 tonnes gvm) if the manufacturer doesn't have a specified towing limit.

Without brakes it's up to the weight of the car itself (unladen again) and again, if the manufacturer doesn't have a specified towing limit.

Sorry for the misinformation before...I just remembered it being not as much as a lot of people thought so I wanted to make sure :)

Here's the link to the NSW RTA's document (remember other states can be different):

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/2005_10_towingtrailers.pdf

Top Bottom