Legnum/Galant - Spotted in the movies!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Man that's EXTREMELY well spotted - nice work Van!!

Excuse my ignorance, but what's that from?

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I was watching a TV show called 'From Here to Maternity' on pay TV (don't ask lol) and they where doing a piece on a couple that where driving down from the north coast of NSW to the RNS Hospital in Sydney.

They had an in car shot and the car they passed was a white PFL Legnum VR-4. I am 100% sure that it was this car belonging to Brad aka king panther.

It's not a movie but there you go :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hehe I think by sheer law of averages that was most likely me ! There aren't any other PFL Legnums around up there that I know of.

Well due to the fact that I am now a big TV Celebrity, my prices have gone up for the next NSW meet ;

Autograph - $2.50

Picture of my car - $5

Sit in my car - $10

Getting your picture taken with the king_panther ? - PRICELESS

Hey Mark I'm not going to ask why you were watching that show, but isn't everything on PayTV on another channel delayed by a few hours ? Maybe you could have double-checked haha but there's a few ways you can pick me ;

Weird doof music

Those 4 bloody antennas

Grampa-like driving in the left lane (too many speeding fines!), so you can see why I was being overtaken in the show then.

I should spraypaint HELLO FELLOW OZVR4'ERS ! over my car so you'll defiantely know it's me next time ;)

Catch ya.

G

Unregistered
As stated before:

S1E01 to be precise

Yep. Good show too! A bit weak in some areas, but good simple fun. And since the 240Z is my fave Japanese car of all time, I was never really gonna be disappointed ;)

G

Unregistered
Drillbit Taylor Trailer

Me and my girl spoted this on the trailer on the TV the other night.

29 seconds in. Generation 8 Galant, its no VR4 but any publicity is good publicity.

Royal

Crunching Gears
First Name
BEN
Drive
Legnum
Haven't found anything yet.... but i bet there would be a Galant or Legnum in one of Jackie Chan's Movie... as he is assoicated with Mitsubishi and they sponsor him

G

Unregistered
ok pardon me for not knowing the name of the movie even though i saw it but its that movie released recently where the the princess from the fairy tale world came to the real world (New York) then that prince also came to the real world trying to find her. when he arrived in the middle of traffic, if you looked closely, before he jumped on that bus, he jumped on a USDM galant

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I saw a trigger mauve legnum on Serious Crash Unit, but it is a NZ show, so that shouldn't be to hard

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
No Way

Just think I saw on the channel Nine News,

Robert McCabe of Zimbabwe fame give away 300 cars police/ ambulance etc or something and I am sure they where Galants?? Can anyone confirm.

I just saw a glimpse but looked dam close.

Cheers

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Just saw the Jodie Foster movie "The Brave One" and saw 2 8G galants; the front of one when she was crossing the street (wasn't a VR-4 though) and the rear of one parked when they were on the sidewalk (couldn't tell if it was a VR4).

A bit lame-ass!!:D

G

Unregistered
Just think I saw on the channel Nine News,

Robert McCabe of Zimbabwe fame give away 300 cars police/ ambulance etc or something and I am sure they where Galants?? Can anyone confirm.

I just saw a glimpse but looked dam close.

Cheers

Definately !!! I was waiting till I got home to post this one ... it was a white galant 8th gen for sure .... hahahaha

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
anyone seen that new superhero movie,swear theres a scene with a silver galant in the background,cant see the front but side on it looked similar,right before the scene where everyone is getting with each other on the street

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
hmmm thought I saw one last night on Underbelly...looked a bit like a Whit or Silver Leggie that pulls up at the lights when one of the guys and a girl are sitting at a cafe and have seen in the paper that one of his mates was killed. Problem was that it was a half second glance and did not go back to the view again

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
it shouldnt be...they mustnt have done their research well enough (arent they supposed to only show cars from that era and before?) ie its set in 1995-2004 so you should be seeing any 2007 model commodores, and legnums didnt have import approval (I guess they could get technical and just say it was a personal import!).

It may have also been a liberty wagon - these often look a bit like a facelift leggie from a distance.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
white galant

Saw a white Galant in Cheaters the other night.

Belonged to the cheater.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Those USDM Galants with that front-bar Magna-looking nose (we're talking the butchered Boulay-designed job here, kiddies), aren't doing the look any favours.

But a Legnum has a big boot, so plenty of room for booteh :p

Top Bottom