Legnum/Galant - Spotted in the movies!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Has anyone sighted our beloved cars on the big screen yet?
If so - list them here.

Bridge To Terabithia
1:04
Short cut of 3 cars driving on highway. Purple(?) Legnum middle left of screen.

Spotted this last night.. Doubted it at first until the credits were rolling and I realised sections of the movie were filmed in New Zealand. Tracked the DVD back to 1:04 - and yep!! :D

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
well spotted! I only watched this a week ago and didnt notice it. My version it was at 1:07:21. I tried to take a screengrab but for some reason it didnt work. Its a purple series 1 legnum with roofracks.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
There was a documentary on SBS about Shoko Asahara (the cult leader who got his followers to gas the Tokyo Subway with sarin in 1995) a few weeks ago. They were doing the "dramatic re-creation" of the getaway of some of those who had released the sarin. What car were they driving?

Super VR-4 Legnum.

What's not quite right with the story continuity? The attacks were done in 1995. The Super VR-4 was not released 'til 1998. I'll have to check out Bridge to Terabithia now.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hahaha nice one Gav - I guess they thought it was just TOO cool to leave out on such a 'technicality' ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Was watching "Lost In Translation" tonight (Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson film directed by Sofia Coppola), a drama flick set in Tokyo. I have to track down exactly where it is, but there is a night scene where you can see the rear of a white Series 1 (pre-facelift) Legnum.

Now to go through it all and find it!

G

Unregistered
Unfortunately that film Bridge To Terabithia seems to be the only film with a legnum in it according to this website http://www.imcdb.org/search but there are plenty of galants........ but i can't believe some one actually went to all this effort for a website

G

Unregistered
Has anyone sighted our beloved cars on the big screen yet?
If so - list them here.

Bridge To Terabithia
1:04
Short cut of 3 cars driving on highway. Purple(?) Legnum middle left of screen.

Spotted this last night.. Doubted it at first until the credits were rolling and I realised sections of the movie were filmed in New Zealand. Tracked the DVD back to 1:04 - and yep!! :D

770.jpg

G

Unregistered
usdm galant in one of the f&f movies, 1 or 2 cant remember

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah I think it was in the first one when they were going to the warehouses and doing the drags in the main guys first race against Vin Diesel.

G

Unregistered
theres a USDM galant in tokyo drift too, next to the veilside fortune rx-7

195.jpg

G

Unregistered
lol, the usdm ones are so ugly, no wonder they didn't sell well!

Oh, how true! Who dared dabble with the lovely looking and mean lines of a Japanese and European looking Galant / Legnum and give it that ugly snout?!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea, but then the Americans loved the third gen Ford Taurus, too, a car that utterly flopped in Australia, and for good reason - what a butt-ugly PoS!! :(

Although just take a look at most Americans and its not surprising they have such bad taste - if you're happy with your ass being that big your taste in everything must be a bit screwed up :rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
If y'all will please direct your attention to the silver vehicle behind the 240Z ;)

vlcsnap-00002.jpg

Top Bottom