Legnum on Drive.com.au - I wonder if he'll sell it...

G

Unregistered
It looks great, but you'd have to be an impatient idiot to spend an extra $10-15k more than you'd need to if you simply imported one.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
...if he does, I might have to sell my one which is identical (mine prob has lower kms) and buy two more!!!

Lee

G

Unregistered
Eh, no point. While someone buying it would be stupid, listing it for that price is a perfectly good move. I don't think he'll get that much for it, but he may get 23-25k for it, and he'll have still made a tasty profit. Supply and demand, yo! Someone will eventually cave in and decide they can't wait months for a nice Legnum to arrive, and they'll decide the cost difference is tolerable. Always happens.

G

Unregistered
Or some one won't have looked into importing before they buy it and will blindly buy it and regret latter :p

i like the way prices are at the moment, make my car a investment, and that doesn't happen very often with late model cars

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
thats identical to mine but mine is a better colour :)

man that makes me feel good :)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
some people wouldn't want the hassle of importing and some people wouldn't be confidant sending money overseas or buying a car sight unseen.

I was talking to a mate who didn't want to do direct debit on ebay because he didn't want to give his bank account number to someone.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
yep Im one of the impatient ones and purchased my car off the lot, had the cash so thought why not!! Thanks to guys like me, the value of your guys cars is on the up.........

G

Unregistered
iirc been on there for a while. nice condition but hey he isnt even specifying klms

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i spoke to this guy today, he still hasnt actually got the car yet should have complianced finished mid next month, it has 47,000km's and is a manual not auto like it says in the info

he said price isnt set but he wants allot, i said i was wanting to spend around $15,000 and he said i would be lucky to find anything for that price.

anyway i think that was all that was needing to be explained most things you can see from the pics

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Why must car dealers tell so many lies?

Is there a quota you have to fill keep your dealer license? :p

Lee

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
No, I don't think there is a quota, but these people do need to pay for their overhead costs. Like the rent, electricity, water, advertising, licensing fees, and on and on and on.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
There's no need to lie though. He could've easily said "I have overheads to cover" and of course he wants to make profit...but there's no need to lie.

You can easily find a legnum for 15k if you import.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
That's exactly how I feel - everyone expects to pay a premium when buying from a dealer but why can't they be honest? They are providing a service by supplying "drive away" cars, and do save you a lot of painful waiting so a reasonable markup if justified.

But most continually live up to the stereotype of "dodgy car salesman" - it's sad.

Lee

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Ok, here is the inside scoop. I worked for a new car dealer, a very large one at that. During my first (and only) week, I had an older guy try to teach me the tricks and rules of selling new vehicles.

Do you know what his first words or wisdom were?

"you are here to fuck everyone"

It was at that point that I knew I had made a mistake and that I never wanted to end up living like he did with that sort of attitude towards other human beings. Sales is one thing, thinking that is another.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I already knew that lol ;) My sis's finace worked for a multitude of car dealers (mostly large ones too).

It's why I don't like them.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
If the mark up is reasonable, its ok i think - as has been said, dealers have rent, advertising etc to cover, plus you are getting the convienience of not having to wait 3-5 months for the car to roll up (more in some peoples case)

That car looks pretty good, if its the one i think it is then i think he would be within is rights to be asking ~22k

Top Bottom