Legnum Price/questions

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
Hey guys,

well i've been searching around a bit for a legnum, found a few nice ones found a few dodgey ones (as you do).

anyway, what kinda price am looking for to get one. the one i'm looking at the moment is

Black
Manual
Leather
72,000km
1997 model
ayc

they want $19999 for it

what do you guys think, id it worth importing it yourself and get no warenty or through a delear

any help would be good

cheers

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
You'll always pay a premium for Black/Leather/Manual.
Whether it's worth an extra 5-10k for that specific combination (with dealer warrenty) is up to you.

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
You'll always pay a premium for Black/Leather/Manual.
Whether it's worth an extra 5-10k for that specific combination (with dealer warrenty) is up to you.

faie enough, what would be a good price to pay for one without leather

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey guys,

well i've been searching around a bit for a legnum, found a few nice ones found a few dodgey ones (as you do).

anyway, what kinda price am looking for to get one. the one i'm looking at the moment is

Black
Manual
Leather
72,000km
1997 model
ayc

they want $19999 for it

what do you guys think, id it worth importing it yourself and get no warranty or through a dealer

any help would be good

cheers

20 grand for a pre facelift??? No way... Buy one for $13 and get it painted :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I paid $14k for my Black 2000 auto with only 68,000km on the clock. Interior is cloth trim and it's one clean MoFo. 20k Seems a bit to rich for me personally...

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
I paid $14k for my Black 2000 auto with only 68,000km on the clock. Interior is cloth trim and it's one clean MoFo. 20k Seems a bit to rich for me personally...

was that from a deler or import company

G

Unregistered
I think Silicon Angel paid almost that for his imported.
The range in prices people have paid is huge. It prolly just depends on ur budget and how soon u need a car ...
If u look at the subaru GT legacy 2000 model I have seen them for $30,000 and the legnum imho is better.
So $20,000 is still good :)

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
I think Silicon Angel paid almost that for his imported.
The range in prices people have paid is huge. It prolly just depends on ur budget and how soon u need a car ...
If u look at the subaru GT legacy 2000 model I have seen them for $30,000 and the legnum imho is better.
So $20,000 is still good :)

fair enough, i'm lookign at getting one i the new year or after christmas sometime so yea

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
you will definately save money if you import yourself the qustion is how long do you want to wait to save the money

it has taken me 23 weeks to get mine here yes i have saved nearly $10,000 i got a triggar Mauve Manual Leather 120,000km's imported and complied and registered for around $11000 same car if you can find it at dealer seems to be closer to the $18,000 - $20,000 with a few less km's but at least mine the belts and everything are already changed.

so if you are happy to wait then self import, if not buy locally thats what it comes down too.

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
ok i'm porting it myseld may be the way to go then but the this is that i'm worried abut is that things may be wrong with the car etc and who did you go through to import it?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I imported through the mighty IronChef but Ben at J-Spec is also a gun operator. Either of them will help you through what need's to be done with bugger all stress. Other than waiting for it to arive :p

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
I imported through the mighty IronChef but Ben at J-Spec is also a gun operator. Either of them will help you through what need's to be done with bugger all stress. Other than waiting for it to arive :p

i've given ironchef a ring and he is keeping an eye out for me and i have emailed j-spec :D

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Take a look at some of the previous sales data in the classified section on this website and you can also check http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/ as there's plenty of data on there. This will give you a rough idea on prices and availability. It certainly helped me.

G

Unregistered
Best thing to do is Pay the Service Fee to an Importer; Iron Chef, J-Spec or PrestigeMotorsport. Then go through the auctions each day and check them out urselves. Its not really fair having importers looking for cars and then u buying one from another importer. Sometimes these guys are too nice and get stung ;)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
I noticed prestige still hasn't removed it's 6 manual galants from their dealer stock on their website (two of them are black), it still states 'available' on the status. I enquired about them nearly a month ago and was told they were no longer available. I kept wondering how long they have been up there for and why they haven't been removed? This is one of the reasons I decided not to go with them.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
As Paul said I've waited three or four months for my car and it'll be $2k shy of 20 grand by the time it's here and on the road... and that doesn't account for anything that needs work / replacement / renewal etc... AND it didn't come with leather, although it does have a sunroof.

Black manuals are hard as hell to come by, so I jumped on the first one I saw (and got stung by that nasty exchange rate collapse, but that's life). There's usually about one every couple of months that comes up and they are quite expensive as they are sought after. Another major issue is how many Aussies are now finding out about these now that they can be complied and licensed over here - the prices at auction are skyrocketing with the increased demand, pushing a lot of seasoned importers out of the market.

My advice is to work out what you think you're interested in, talk to a couple of the import brokers to get their thoughts, pony up some cash with the one you think will be most able to help you find what you're looking for and make sure you have finance / cash ready to go the moment you spot the right car, 'cause you will have AT MOST a couple of hours to make a decision, otherwise you'll miss out to someone who is more committed. I started firing off emails the moment I saw mine and owned it soon after.

Also work out if the leather is critical to you, or if you're ok with getting a black manual first and maybe getting the leather after. This is what I'm considering now as I'd like leather but I realise it would have been next to impossible to find the combo I wanted with a leather interior as well.

Good luck! :D

I noticed prestige still hasn't removed it's 6 manual galants from their dealer stock on their website (two of them are black), it still states 'available' on the status. I enquired about them nearly a month ago and was told they were no longer available. I kept wondering how long they have been up there for and why they haven't been removed? This is one of the reasons I decided not to go with them.
Yea this has been discussed before - its a bit of a dodgy tactic on their part to attract people to the site. Personally I think they should have a gallery of previous rides so people can see what has been available if they want to look through a gallery of old stock, NOT think they are looking at cars currently available when they were sold months ago... IMO though that says a lot about them, so if I called them and got that response, like you I'd steer well clear once I realised they were playing that game. Dishonest business is bad business.

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
thanks for all the reply guys, Ironchef is on the look out for me and so is jspec i think. i know carmen have a green one i think for $17900 but ill check it out when he sends me some pics. the car dosen't have to be black.

i've been lookign at other colours and there all nice really expect the red ones, don't like that colour for some reason. lol so well will see what happens

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
both leather and gearboxes can be changed though.....
Yea well now that I know just how easy it is to change gearboxes on these cars if I were doing it all over again I'd concentrate on finding a late-model black with sunroof... I've seen a couple of black autos go through so much cheaper than mine I would have saved money even importing a manual gearbox and leather interior LOL. Oh well, such is life eh? :rolleyes:

I'll get the black leather recaros eventually ;)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Any idea on the actual cost of an auto to manual conversion?

Top Bottom