lets talk turkey! christmas/end of year dinner/piss up

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
DATE: 18th of december

Ive made a booking for Takumi japanese restaurant on saturday 18th of december at 8pm for 12 people

THE ONLY REPLIES IN THIS THREAD SHOULD BE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO ATTEND/NOT ATTEND

ill update the original post as people reply

we'll figure out where to go out after on the night

cheers,

stefan

attending:

me
cam
steve +1
rob +1
gav +1
peter
gary
Jimi 50/50
Fi + 1

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I'm definitely in for the event. The only Saturday I can't do is 20th Nov since that's when my work Christmas party is on.

An event with the people minus the cars. Hell yeah.

But the again... Legnums make great crash space to snooze in.

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
what are peoples thoughts on either saturday the 11th or 18th of december? going to takumi japanese bbq

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
I'm in for this, but definitely out for the weekend of the 11th. Any other I'm free.

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
if this was facebook, i would be liking Robs comment above.
japanese sounds awesome, i will need someone to convince me to eat japanese though as i have never had it before lol

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It's not just all about sushi and sashimi, if that helps :)

Good flavours, good ingredients go a long way.

It traditionally starts with a small serve of miso soup, a medium-bodied, slightly salty broth, and can very from yakitori chicken (BBQ'd on skewers, a sweet soy style), ramen (wheat-egg style) or udon (rice-type) noodles similar to a Vietnamese pho noodle soup if you like, gyoza dumplings (pan fried normally, and this style is quite common around Asia such as Nepalese momo dumplings or the Shanghai Chinese style dumplings). Definitely a kind of sit-down dinner where you order a number of mains and pick/choose as you go :)

That being said, my favourite style of sushi is unagi. Sometimes I call ahead and ask if they have it on the menu :)

It's the same with an Indian place... if they have the goat curry, I'll order it since it's freakin' brilliant for flavour and not often on the menu ;)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
No no no no, sorry Gav, this isnt that type of Japanese eaterie man. They have actual hot coal bbq grills in the middle of the table and you cook fresh meats on it to your liking! It's FUCKING amazing, especially the ox tongue... omg, drooling just thinking about all the dipping sauces and all the other yummie food they have.

SET B $70 (per person)
Edamame (boiled soy bean)
Kimuchi (Korean style pickled vegetable)
Signature dishes
Takumiʼs special
Salmon carpaccio
Seafoods and 3 wagyu premium beef cuts for grille
Abalone and scallops
Jo-Karubi (Rib eye cap) 50g
(David Blackmore-marble score 9+)
Jo tan (premium ox tongue) 50g
Jo rosu (premium porterhouse) 50g
Seasonal cut vegetables
Miso soup, steamed rice
Ice cream & pudding
Green tea

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
smitty scoped out my place last night (to take a break from the rain and concreting!)...

...it does have possibilities.

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
that could be a good idea gav,

or could have a bbq at my place in blackburn then train it into the city to go get smashed

ill talk to my olds tomorrow and see what they reckon. i dont think theyd care too much if we were at our house for a few hours prior to going out

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
i live in a renovated factory with pleanty of room and its pretty nice...we have like a 30 car carpark across the road, and all sorts of stuff. accept i live in seaford.
im glad japanese isnt all sushi, as i didnt like it last time i tried

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Whatever we are doing it needs to be set soon.

A BBQ at someones place sounds good to, but if we do Japanese we need to get numbers and book.

Top Bottom