List of Problems... Please add to it

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Got mine at 140k lifters would go dead quite then clatter like hell most of the time just clattered. Got new lifters $250 changed them ,gaskets plugs and both belts myself.
Auto Gearbox needs doing
Suspension seems crap
Had it for a year now

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Don't know if its my hard driving style but popped the passenger front cv shaft from Gbox. Oil leaky everywhere. I now have underbody rust protection. Lol

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^ Are you sure everything else is still tight / where it should be as well?

I know there is a bit of play possible there but the hub would stop it coming to far out otherwise....

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
^ Are you sure everything else is still tight / where it should be as well?

I know there is a bit of play possible there but the hub would stop it coming to far out otherwise....
It's still in I may have broken the circlip as its sorta floating. I can move it in and out about 5 mm it's moving enough to come away from the seal.

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
98 PFL Legnum VR-4, 2005 VZ SSZ, 1991 Cressida (1jz converted)
So far I have replaced

Lower control arms
Driver side front inner CV boot (own fault)
Driver side rear nuckle (bent by previous owner and had JDM as f*** negative camber)

Things I still need to do
Driver side door seal
Power steering pump bushes and belt

Can't complain as I only paid $400 for the car.

Th3Beard

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Matt
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Alright where do I start lol
When I bought the car it didn't run and had more than a few issues, but it had tons of gear and the price was right. So far I've changed;

The clutch
The fuel pump
The radio didn't work because jdm, so new radio
Clock didn't work (rewired)
Lower control arms
Fuel flap didn't open properly
Front brakes were knackered
Lifters were beyond noisy
Clockspring
Steering wheel and Airbag

So I finally got the thing on the road and then blew the diff twice in 2 weeks, so I put an Evo 7 diff in..... these cars are mad! :D

MJKvr4

Newbie on the loose
First Name
Michael
Drive
2002 Legnum
Electrical issue : put foot on the brake and the park lights come on and the aircon display and clock dim .
And about 15 min after turning the lights on the abs lights up and then the ayc 2 min later
Squeeking pully : due for 100g service though

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^ have you visually checked your fuses?

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Electrical issue : put foot on the brake and the park lights come on and the aircon display and clock dim .
And about 15 min after turning the lights on the abs lights up and then the ayc 2 min later

Possible Alt/battery dying

MJKvr4

Newbie on the loose
First Name
Michael
Drive
2002 Legnum
Have been through fuses several times , i was told it could be the voltage regulator so I'm getting the alternator that Adrian is selling and refurb it, and its still the jap battery in it from import 12 mths ago

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
I would get a new battery It solved a lot of my electrical problems

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
I would replace the battery -- that's the first thing I did. The car would have been sitting doing nothing en route to Australia for weeks.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Is the squeaking pulley your alternator drive? May need an inspection and some tension to get you by too until you get your service done !

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Fuel flap didn't open properly

well.. this is a first..

know where the issue was? cable, hinge?!

that's some screwed up wiring there..

I wonder if the previous owner had installed some turbo timer or stereo and somewhat attached it to some random power source he thought would work at the time?!

then again, brake switch is negative, but I'd be more worried about the abs and ayc

Th3Beard

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Matt
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
well.. this is a first..

know where the issue was? cable, hinge?!

that's some screwed up wiring there..

I wonder if the previous owner had installed some turbo timer or stereo and somewhat attached it to some random power source he thought would work at the time?!

then again, brake switch is negative, but I'd be more worried about the abs and ayc

I think someone went a bit man mode closing and broke off the stopper, all fixed now. But my alternator has let go LOL

nelly

Idling at the Lights
First Name
nels
Drive
8g galant
hi peeps my gallant clicks when I turn my car off sort of sounds like a relay or something any can shed some light on this it sounds like its coming fron engine its like 3-4 fast clicks

nelly

Idling at the Lights
First Name
nels
Drive
8g galant
I think my car is running rich wen its a cold morning white cloud of smoke just pours out the back and can smell fumey and it also goes through heaps of gas might get only 60 kz per $20 if im lucky and that's just driving normal can some one tell me wat mite be goin on thanks

Top Bottom