Loan for importing a leggy

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
do banks do personal loans for importing leggys? ie. secured/unsecured?

any tips on this?

G

Unregistered
Ummmm prob get one for a personal unsecured but you will need to show some savings and have some money saved up. and i am sure u don't have to tell them ur importing a car from jap that might not arive in good order.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Personal loan is the way to go. Just check what rate they will lend to you at and make sure you factor in some rate rises just in case. You never know what's going to happen these days and being able to afford repayments is essential.

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
ahh this is crap! id need $15K. and i start work as a teacher in jan, i plugged in what ill be earning then and i could borrow upto $91K! haha. as of now i work at videoezy as a casual and currently it wont let me get a loan at all! only on $500 a f/n. god im sick of being poor! only 6 more weeks to go but! then im on good money forever!

grrr! if only i could see this calais id be set!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
cash economy is bestest ;)

But i understand this isnt always possible. So shop around and make sure you get the best rate, lowest annual fees etc. If you know your local bank manager, it usually isnt too difficult to convince them to waive any application fee.

Car loans are only for brand new cars i found out too, so personal will have to be the way.

G

Unregistered
i earn 350 a week and i have borrowed 7 grand.. almost paid it off so time for a new loan... hoping to be able to get 15k then i will be earning about 600 a week so should be all good... which loan did u do this evaluation on? and it is good to know somebody that works in the bank lol :p

G

Unregistered
oh i see... hmmm my mate earns about 500 a week and he has a loan with them for about 9.5k.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
If you're importing then you'll have to go unsecured as you cannot secure the loan to a car that isn't in the country. The interest rate is much much higher too. I took out an 18k unsecured personal loan on around $550/w after tax. I'm not saving heaps but I'm affording to live without being completely broke

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
oh i see... hmmm my mate earns about 500 a week and he has a loan with them for about 9.5k.

yeah $500 a f/n... not so good. but only for 6 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!
then $1500 a f/n... i hate waiting.

if anyone knows someone wanting a nice VS calais V8. tell them mines perfect.

G

Unregistered
i had trouble getting a loan for my legnum as well, ended up getting an unsecured personal loan through ANZ for $12,000 (my own cash made up the rest).

G

Unregistered
Some pointers to look good for the bank (I have an unsecured loan, but it wasn't to buy the Legnum).

Wait until you've been in a job for about 6 months, especially if it's your first full time job.

If you've been moving houses a fair bit wait until you've been in one house for 6 months as well - the banks really hate it if you look unstable and move every 3 months.

Have a little savings - although I was able to get my loan without any (my pay probably plays a part)

Because the loan is unsecured banks also like to see you have some assets at the least. I had been told it looks good if your assets are about the same as the amount you want to borrow, but that's obviously not a hard and fast rule, I've seen people get a lot of cash who live at home, work casually yet get $12k.

That's all I can really say. I was rejected for a $15k loan when I first started working full time. I applied within about 3 months of starting, I had moved twice in the past year, I didn't have $15k of assets at that time - the guy basically told me I looked too insecure despite a secure job. After working in the same job for another 12 months, in the same house, I was approved for a $22k loan because I had also built up assets in that time.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
i couldnt bring myself to getting bank loan for $14g because you'll pay back around $25g by the time youve paid it off

what i did was nag my parents for about 6 months and got them to put it on their mortgage,pay less than half the interest and im paying my parents everyweek.

$85 a week to drive a legnum.now im onto the next thing,trying to get them to lend me another $5g to buy that manual legnum for parts.so far its not going so well

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
There's no reason you can't refinance the loan after the car's arrived and registered - you can get a secured loan to pay off the unsecured loan and save yourself a ton of interest ;) Just make sure the policy states you can pay it off in full at any point in the future without penalties. It shouldn't anyway, but if it does get it re-written or go somewhere else.

Top Bottom