Loba aka Paul // Melbourne - VIC

G

Unregistered
G'day all

Just joined up and doing a quick intro.

Name's Paul, live in Melbourne Victoria and am keen to trade in my S2000 for a Legnum. I figure this way i'll have an extra 2 doors, extra 3 seats, a boot and a glovebox plus i'll have a sleeper that's most likely quicker than what i'm driving now - both in the straight and in the corners.

Look forward to picking your brains for maintenance / mods / any other advice regarding legnums.

Cheers

Paul

G

Unregistered
In the market for a legnum

EDIT: merged from General Discussion by Lee

Hi all

I just joined up and figured i may as well get straight into it.
I have an S2000 at the moment and am keen to buy myself a Legnum. I'm in melbourne and from what i can tell there aren't as many down here as there are in Queensland or NSW.
However, i have found a few i'm going to have a look at and was just after some initial advice.

There's a dealer called SSV in Oakleigh that seem to have some legnums in their yard, has anyone ever heard of them? are they any good? Can anyone recommend any other dealers that have legnums in their stock in melb?

Also, i've seen a private seller who has some mods done to his. From what i have read, they seem to be pretty standard mods, but is there anything i should look out for when inspecting?
Mods are:
- Front mount ARC intercooler with full piping
- Full exhaust
- Coilover suspension
- Pod filter
- Apexi turbo timer

If your interested, here's the link:

Also, any idea how much i should be looking to pay for one?

All advice welcome.

Cheers

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Welcome along Paul, have you got some pics of your S2000? - they're my favourite roadster (that I could ever realistically afford!!).

What kind of car are you hoping to find?

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Hoping to get a Legnum, probably a 97 or 98 model.
I'm not too fussed whether its a pre or post facelift model as i like the look of them both.
But ideally i think an 5 speed auto with sunroof, AYC, AWD, leather would be a bonus. Not too keen on the purple colour, i actually quite like the white ones.

Here's the link to my S2K
http://www.carsales.com.au/used-car...4+834+285+257&Make=HONDA&state_id=82&trecs=32

Got more at home, but i'm at work at the moment.

Know any buyers, let me know. The sooner i can sell this, the sooner i can buy a legnum.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Paul,

I just merged your other thread into this one to save the same discussion happing in two places!

Auto with leather can be found for around $12-14k (imported yourself) depending on the condition etc. Add $2k+ if you're looking in yards.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a white one and autos are quite common - the leather will be the only thing that might draw out the search a bit.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
No worries,

I got a bit confused when i saw my other post had disappeared.

I don't have any idea about importing though. Can it be done privately, or only through a licensed dealer?
Also, the importing process generally takes about 4-6 months including compliance plating right?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Yup, it sure can. Even longer if it's just the wrong time of year. The white one on carsales looks nice with the black leather, you don't see many of them.

Good luck selling the s2000, it'll go quickly I'm sure. Come down to a wash meet some time and say hi. We don't bite :D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I don't have any idea about importing though. Can it be done privately, or only through a licensed dealer?
Also, the importing process generally takes about 4-6 months including compliance plating right?

You don't have to go through a dealer - we have two resident importers on this forum who can answer any questions for you. The act as agents and charge a fixed fee to locate and import the car for you.

Check out the Sponsors area for an idea of the kind of cars they have for sale or have sold in the past.

Ideally it takes 8-10 weeks but there have been a lot of delays in the last six months stretching people's waiting periods out to 6 months. I purchased my car in late June and drove it away from the compliance shop mid October which is a 3 and a half month wait (it feels a lot longer though!).

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Will do. I'll get in contact with those guys and do my research properly.
Don't want to rush into a purchase and end up disappointed.

Cheers for your help so far Lee.

Paul

G

Unregistered
Hey all

Important update:
I have found a buyer for my S2000. Arranging for a RWC and RACV check this week. Will hope to have it all done my next week, which means next saturday i'm heading down to Southern Special Vehicles next saturday and placing an order for a Legnum.

Just quickly, wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with SSV, and if so, is there anything i should know, specifically the quality of vehicles they have sourced, and the agent they use in Japan.

Apparently they are the only import dealer in Victoria that comply Legnums, so i'd imagine they are the best people to import one through. They even said they currently had a white legnum which they were complying for Iron Chef.

Paul

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Paul, talk to Kristian (Iron Chef) - he'll be happy to give you a good idea of the process and what sort of money you'll be looking at, and can organise compliance at any RAW in the country.

Top Bottom