'98 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Year/Make/Model: 1997 Legnum - Prefacelift - Manual - Sunroof

Asking price: $2500ono

Kilometers: 17x,xxxkms

Registration expiry date: Unregistered

Roadworthy/Safety Certificate provided: Doesn't have one

Transmission: Manual

Body colour and condition: Pearl White

Interior colour, specs and condition: Blue/Grey - Good condition - Dusty since it's been parked so long

Mechanical condition and service history: I was the first Australian owner. I imported it in 2007. Engine - We think it has spun a bearing or head/gasket failure. It starts and runs. Rough. So will get up and down off a trailer. I'll need to put a new battery in it to do this again though. Front spoiler is a bit rough - No centre section. Weather strips between windows and doors are starting to perish. Paint fade on bonnet and roof. Broken passenger front weather shield - I have a spare set. Broken rear roll stop engine mount - I have a replacement. It was always serviced on time with good oils. It was always warmed before moving and cooled before shutting down. This was my baby. But taking someone for a ride on a hot day, something let go. No boost. No power. We were just having a baby at the time so it wasn't a priority to get it seen to properly. Then, life, now it needs to go.

Modifications: Big rear hatch wing (Hiro type I think. It really suits it), boost control, boost gauge, K&N air filter, Sard R2D2 vta blow off valve, rear strut brace, Tein Coilovers, Exidy HD clutch, car cover.

Service documents available: No

Import documents available: Yes

Reason for selling: I have agonised over this for a year or more. But I think the time has come where it has to go to someone to either fix up, or part out. I no longer have the time, nor the tools to part it out myself. I have also injured my back and the last thing I need is to be pulling a car apart right now.

The car has spun a bearing. The mechanic thinks. We didn't do a compression test, I guess it could also be the head or a head gasket failure. Best case would be the gasket I suppose. It has been parked up for nearly 4 years. I had planned on getting it fixed but was leaning towards a replacement engine through TME. A rough guide was around $4k for replacement engine and timing belt kit etc. Engine out and replacement in. This was the best car I have ever owned. The only problem I had before this was the MAF sensor, which was replaced. But time and life has gotten in the way. We are now looking to buy a house and no longer have anywhere to store it. It should definitely go to someone who can either fix it up or, probably better, use the manual parts in their current car.

Sorry that it is so filthy. I am quite ashamed because like I said, I love this car.

Contact details: PM / email / mobile: deleted

I work shift so SMS or email is best and I’ll get back to you.

Location: Near Tamworth, NSW. I can get it to Tamworth fairly easily to go on a truck for transport.

Photos:

IMG_0676.jpg

Zip for easy entry on driver's side
IMG_0677.jpg

Hiro rear wing. Sorry about the dirt
IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

Roof paint fading badly / discolouration before I could get a car cover on it.
IMG_0680.jpg

Bonnet also fading / discolouring. Front wing a bit rough at the bottom.
IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

Cant really see the window strips, but they are perishing.
IMG_0684.jpg

Interior in good condition apart from needing a clean.
IMG_0685.jpg

Cargo blind
IMG_0686.jpg

Cargo Net
IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Mate, I feel for you. This was a sad read actually. I hope the next person puts some love into her. Best of luck bud.

JediRuss

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Russ
Drive
'98 Legnum
'98 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Thanks for the good thoughts.

I owned a series 4 RX-7 once. And every time You passed another rotary you’d wave at each other. Sometimes pull up for a chat and make a new friend.

This was the only other car I’ve ever had like that. I’ve met so many good people with it and through it.

I will miss that. But of course I can always import another when things settle :)

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Understood. I put a lot of man hours into my last car, was mint and fast. Sold it to a work colleague, saw him thrash the fook out of it for 9 months and now it's dead...... .

Brandon909

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brandon
Drive
97 Legnum
01 WRX
84 Fairlady Z
Hey, if you decide to wreck, once everyone else has taken everything I'm in desperate need of a shell. Give me text on 0411 735 781 if you take this route. (If anyone else has one as well swing me a text).

JediRuss

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Russ
Drive
'98 Legnum
'98 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Absolutely!

$2,500 will get you a manual conversion, a few other goodies and that wing :)

Khai

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Fang
Drive
Legnum VR-4
So very tempted. Unfortunately I don’t have the space to store it.

BjN

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Byron
Drive
2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Sport
1999 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Still available? I'm in dire need of a few parts but I'm tempted to buy whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom