Lowering - Anyone tracked down any good setups?

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
Has anyone out there managed to track down any springs and or shortened shocks to lower a galant? im assuming legnum is the same but im having a hard time tracking some down in oz. maybe over in NZ???? coil overs seem to be my only option at the moment

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
the Galants are 40-50kg lighter than a Legnum, so if you put the springs from a Legnum into your car, your butt will be stuck high up in the air :)

There are Galant kits out there though, some of the guys in the UK bought some, and they are readily available in NZ.

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
well i guess its a good thing im a kiwi. might pick some up when i go over there in a few weeks

G

Unregistered
I have some Tein Lowered springs at the moment, the hard thing is getting shock's, no one in oz wants to sell me any, so i am currently getting quotes to buy them direct out of japan. tried NZ and the price was ok, but the freight was shit because they would only send them DHL and it was $80 per package

G

Unregistered
jmo,

i can sort shipping if you need,
and can send in normal air mail if you need. or sea freight.

pm me if your keen.

and yes we have a few options here in nz for both springs and shocks.
king springs, jamex, tein, etc.

G

Unregistered
I have the legnum tein super wagon coilover on my galant...

I have no complaint about the ride...I know the weight on legnum is heavier than galant to fix this I adjusted the rear shock to 6 click and the front I adjusted to harderst setting....

The only complaint is that the lowest setting on the rear side is about 2 finger gap from the fender to the tire. Can't go lower than that....

luckily is about the height that I want.......

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I have some Tein Lowered springs at the moment, the hard thing is getting shock's, no one in oz wants to sell me any, so i am currently getting quotes to buy them direct out of japan. tried NZ and the price was ok, but the freight was shit because they would only send them DHL and it was $80 per package
That's surprising - surely there are shocks available locally that will fit???

G

Unregistered
There might be, but no one can tell me what shock will fit in the car, all they say is that the car doesn't come up in any of their books, and when i gave them part numbers they searched them and no companies bring them into OZ :(

So once i get organized I am going to get Carsten to get me some i think

G

Unregistered
fitting, and being correct are 2 different things.

it's similar with the stagea's, you can get plenty of shocks to FIT them, however actually finding a rear shock that is valved to suit the extra weight of the stagea over a skyline is very hard.

i've got G4 coilovers in both the leggy and the stag, and i reckon they are great.
plenty of adjustability, nice ride, decent price, and 2 year aussie warranty!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You bought them locally (ie in Aus), didn't you Mitch? How much were they, and can you point Jason in the right direction to talk to someone who knows what they're doing with these?

G

Unregistered
I know where you can get G4's from, just jap sell them on Ebay, if Carsten can't find me any at a hlf good price then i think i will have to go coil overs

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
brought coilovers

im over in new zealand at the moment and i managed to track down a set of D2 coilovers from mag and turbo warehouse. he ordered them and i had them the next day. just have to get them back to oz. its gonna cost about 1550 delivered to my door. cant wait to see how they go.ill be putting them in next week when i get back to townsville.heard d2 arent too bad overall for comfort but we will see....

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
im over in new zealand at the moment and i managed to track down a set of D2 coilovers from mag and turbo warehouse. he ordered them and i had them the next day. just have to get them back to oz. its gonna cost about 1550 delivered to my door. cant wait to see how they go.ill be putting them in next week when i get back to townsville.heard d2 arent too bad overall for comfort but we will see....

Buy another bag and stick 'em in your luggage. I think that the extra weight cost on your luggage is going to be less than your shipping. Just a thought!

G

Unregistered
Are the coilovers for a legnum and galant the same apart from their weight? ie will galant coilovers bolt into a legnum and vice versa

G

Unregistered
yes he could of, i rate D2's right up there with the yellowsea, triangle cheap shit chinese tyres they sell on trademe, take them back and get a refund!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Depends on the state regulations I would say. Im fairly certain that adjustable coilovers ARENT legal here in SA, but then again, what is ;)

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
maroochy car sound supply tein coilovers and he told me theyre about $2000 even for legnums coz someones already bought a set and still waiting on they're arrival,which is pretty good because tein coilovers for a vy commodore according to him are $2600

Top Bottom