Madhav's gearbox query

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Hey Guys,

I've been running MadHav's built gearbox for some time now and it's quite a good box!

Though, now I've just recieved BradC's Series2 (spare) ECU MR553458 (Plastic housing) hoping to eliminate the slipping 'Drive' mode and getting away from the TipTronic driving for once

The problem is, it's still 'slipping' and making (in my honest opinion) no difference to my Series1 ECU, and power seems to feel the same (as boost still sits the same as before, It's set at 12psi but only goes to about 10 then hovers around 8.5ish it's an EBC by the way)

So what's the theory behind all this now? My assumption is that the gearbox is built too customized to the point where it's won't 'drive' like it would (not that it bothers me, but abit hard for the Boss lady)

Thanks

G

Unregistered
Is it going away in first in drive now or do you still have the same problem.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I was gonna message you and ask how it all went, but to see you write of slipping in drive is very strange... I can ask my mechanic and see what he says and let you know.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Peter, it's pretty much doing exactly the same thing

So yeah I'm a little confused of the situation at the moment

I may lean to an aftermarket computer perhaps?

(to the people that don't understand, basically using a series1 ECU to a Series2 Gearbox, you cannot take off in first gear, but instead you must start in Tiptronic, from there about 2300rpm you can shift back to 'Drive' mode, in Which therefore, using a correct ECU to the Corresponding gearbox should eliminate this due to OWC)

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
oh yes, and Madhav, the gearbox runs goood as mentioned, and yes, it does changes gears quite fast (and solid)

So yeah, so far so good thanks again :)

G

Unregistered
What's the part number on the gearbox ecu you have now. An owc ecu should have sorted this out

G

Unregistered
MR553458 it is the one from my purple Legnum, chassis is 0200998

I'm sure that is different from the one I have .

MR470718. I think I have a spare if you want to try it instead. Unless there is somebody local you could borrow from to try

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Well if i don't need the ECU for my manual conversion you can borrow mine.. Mine is a S2 with OWC.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Cheers guys,

I may await Scottie and see until when you don't need it?

And ahh well, At least the ECU wasn't too exxy(I think), small loss in this case :)

G

Unregistered
um im sorry but i do not agree with the "not able to use a S1 ECu on a S2 Box",i built up my mates Viento into a vR a couple of years ago and that has a facelift Engine with a PFL ECU!!

the Train comes out of Brad's new St-r shell,the ECU from a wreck PFL, and my guy can launch it,and pull away in 1st anytime,so im bit unsure why you have problems dude.

mby the box is faulty? ps for all the hassle i woulda ripped it out and converted it,just not worth playn round with autos,have you checked fluid levels?
is there any sort of a whine comming when selecting Drive?
delay in changing ??

G

Unregistered
If you had read the info Quinton you would know this is to do with the one way clutch fitted to S2 . Not all of them have it and you were obviously lucky and it's the AT ecu not engine ecu. It's also a newly rebuilt box

G

Unregistered
If you had read the info Quinton you would know this is to do with the one way clutch fitted to S2 . Not all of them have it and you were obviously lucky and it's the AT ecu not engine ecu. It's also a newly rebuilt box
:blush:woooops didnt see that Banana peel sorry

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
So Quinton, you mentioned that the ECU from Brad is actually series1? (so maybe that's still the problem)

Funny enough, even if it's a Series 1 ECU, I do know that it doesn't have...
-ABS
-Traction Control
-(possible ASC)
-and ALL AYC lights light up

Strange

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
No no, Quinton is talking about different cars entirely that he has worked on. He briefly mentions a new ST-R he is building for me that is going to be built up like a brand new car.

It is out of EC5W-0200998 which is a November 98 facelift auto

Top Bottom